• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Notice our usual healthy dose of Kiwis are a tadge quiet at this second in time... :p
Not easy to log in when you're taking last orders in London. :happy:

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Night all, and lets hope it's a good one for the English boys.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pretty much between Sidebottom, Vaas, Bracken, and Johnson. OTTOMH.
Chaminda intends to retire very soon. Else you know me, I'd never go for anyone above him. :)

TBF, there's Zaheer Khan too. He's certainly in the same class as Sidebottom. EDIT: oh yes, Rudra Pratap Singh too, good spot Paul.

Woodster

International Captain
Been impressed with what I have seen of Sohail Tanvir aswell, although don't think he tops Sidey at the moment.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not to sound too biased, but Franklin can be fairly useful when fit...though I confess he has none of Sidebottom's consistency.

Natman20

International Debutant
I rate Vaas up there with the best with his accuracy and consistency. Sidebottom has done well recently so I can't decide between the two. Bracken for ODIs no doubt.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not to sound too biased, but Franklin can be fairly useful when fit...though I confess he has none of Sidebottom's consistency.
And as usual I forget him. :(

Sidebottom, Franklin, Zaheer Khan, Rudra Pratap Singh, Chaminda for another few months, and Bracken in ODIs. Then probably Johnson sometime in future.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointing to see How go early. Really we need four of the top six to pass 50 and then at least two of those to make big hundreds to stand any chance of getting close.

Quick word on the left armers discussion, I personally would rate Vaas, Zaheer, Bracken and Sidebottom in the top group with each having their strong points, bit difficult to rate one ahead of the rest of the pack though. Encouraging for cricket though to have such a quality group of left armers.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Zaheer Khan still needs a good year ahead of him to prove that its just not a purple patch in form IMO. Franklin is highly underrated in these stakes and it should be interesting to see how he does when he returns. Johnson looks devastating sometimes and could have a massive future. Bracken has been limited to ODI's which I feel is a little harsh and he would make the starting lineup of most Test teams too, definitely a class act.

Yet Sidebottom at the moment looks like one of the most disciplined troubling bowlers in the world. The best at the moment, his position is certainly not concrete but right now I couldn't think of any left arm seamer I'd want bowling at us.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
From what I see. England bowling good lines but not looking overly threatening.

I guess there is an element of the waiting game in these type of 4th innings

Woodster

International Captain
Yes England have been pretty much on the money this morning, but will need to remain patient. The pitch is still good for batting, the wind is negating the swing somewhat, so good areas and patience are key.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Accuracy and patience has been the key all game. And Oram demonstrated this better than anyone, criminal that he only got 6-90. 10-90 wouldn't have flattered him.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Sidebottoms going to be a real bitch to get away in these conditions. I have a feeling if we try and get on top of him we'll lose a lot of wickets. Hopefully we can attack the rest of the attack - Broad went for a few in the first innings, and if conditions don't help Jimmy he can be just as expensive. The pitch appears to be offering nothing for Panesar, while Collingwood ranges from near-unplayable to fodder

Woodster

International Captain
This must be the last over for Jimmy, seven overs into this wind is ample for anyone. Bowled ok, the ankle must be well and truly strapped up.