• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd not bank on two proper 11-a-side games myself, TBH, sadly. The recent pattern has been one meaningless multi-player game then one proper one. I'd reckon that'd be likely to continue.

greg

International Debutant
Why the hell have England agreed to this ludicrous schedule? THREE back to back tests! It's not like they've got the usual excuse of being obliged to offer seven ODIs according to reciprocity.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was wondering about this too. For as long as I can remember when we played in NZ the Test venues were Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington. Is there a reason why NZC have sent us to these other venues?
I'm pretty glad they've gone for these venues. Less distance for Heath to travel between them and no need to catch the Interislander. Seddon Park is a proper cricket ground (more than can be said for most places we play cricket) but McLean Park.... Well, its okay, not the most salubrious of locations.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I was wondering about this too. For as long as I can remember when we played in NZ the Test venues were Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington. Is there a reason why NZC have sent us to these other venues? (I don't think we've played Tests in any of these venues If I'm right, apart from the big three the only other NZ venue we played Tests in was Dunedin. Mind you from what I've read NZ people say, we're not missing much by not playuing a Test at Eden Park. One request please: Can we have two ELEVEN a side FC pre Test warm ups and not this 12-a -side guff? PS - will the Black Caps remember what a Test match is?
Yep. No one watches Test cricket in New Zealand, so it's just as well to play games out of season in ****holes.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why the hell have England agreed to this ludicrous schedule? THREE back to back tests! It's not like they've got the usual excuse of being obliged to offer seven ODIs according to reciprocity.
Not like we've never agreed to said ludicrous schedules before.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yep. No one watches Test cricket in New Zealand, so it's just as well to play games out of season in ****holes.
Hey Samuel. Have you actually ever been to a game in NZ? In fact, have you ever been to NZ? Seddon Park's a lovely ground, Napier is a lovely city and the Basin Reserve is one of the greatest grounds in the world. And I.... I watch test cricket thankyouverymuch....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, I don't think Hakon (that's S_V) was being totally serious, would be a touch out-of-character.

Fiery

Banned
Haha, I don't think Hakon (that's S_V) was being totally serious, would be a touch out-of-character.
:-O ****holes? I know Mick Jagger once described Imvercargill as "the asshole of the world" but calling some of these NZ's cities he's never been to "****holes" is harsh tstl

HeathDavisSpeed

What was it Neil Finn once said about Hamilton? I think it was something along the lines of him only going there to use the escalator at the mall as that was all Hamilton had to offer.... I doubt much has changed to be honest.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Would love if England can have have Simon Jones back by the time this series gets under-way. Don't want to look too far ahead or sound to arrogant but i reckon if Hoggard/Flintoff/Harmo/Jones are all fit & firing by then the Kiwis may have some problems.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fiery & Perm - the new Richard and Scaly. You'll have nicknames for each other next.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Would love if England can have have Simon Jones back by the time this series gets under-way. Don't want to look too far ahead or sound to arrogant but i reckon if Hoggard/Flintoff/Harmo/Jones are all fit & firing by then the Kiwis may have some problems.
TBH, I wouldn't hold my breath. i'd love to see us field the 2005 Ashes seam attack plus Monty but one cannot be optimistic.