• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Flem274*

123/5
I agree, but McCullum really needs to lift his game in the test batting department. He has an average of only 30 now, and while that may be the same as Boucher, I believe he has the ability to at least average in the high 30s. He has to take his time getting in.

One really BIG factor in this series is NZ's nemesis in the past few series, Thorpe, has retired, and t.b.h. I think this will make a big difference because he was always the big wicket for us in the past. I feared him more then I fear Pietersen, who, though perhaps more talented than Thorpe, can get out to a rash stroke at any time.

b.t.w., will Franklin be fit in time?
Hope so. Franklin is very valuable to us as an allrounder.

TBH if we get McCullum in Pietersens ear going "You're a blocker, can't play a shot to save your life" or something to get his big ego running then we have a good chance of getting him.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Hope so. Franklin is very valuable to us as an allrounder.

TBH if we get McCullum in Pietersens ear going "You're a blocker, can't play a shot to save your life" or something to get his big ego running then we have a good chance of getting him.
Better chance of getting hit out of the ground, I reckon.

taitmachine

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I am expecting NZ to demolish England over there, the Poms are mentally fragile. Although their bowlers may enjoy the extra assistance NZ pitches provide, but get on top on the first few days and they will be toast.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm not hopeful, to be honest. For those pointing to Englands loss in Sri Lanka...yeah, sure, but those are way different conditions. The English seamers are going to be right at home in New Zealand, they'll love it. England's top order>ours (though our lower order>theirs, but it doesn't count for much unless your top order scores runs) and England's bowling attack>our bowling attack we last fielded vs Bangladesh. We desperately need James Franklin back and Chris Martin firing against a team he averages 49 at home and 51 overall. The third seamer will be either Mills, Mason or O'Brien and I'm hoping it's Mills for our sakes (this is assuming Bond is unavailable because of the ICL hoopla) as I think he can trouble them where Mason will probably contain and take no wickets and O'Diren will just ****ing suck.

Our top order will be under immense pressure - the openers doubly so. But the man I'd like to see stand up is Mathew Sinclair. If we're any chance of winning, I think this will be our key man batting at 5 to do so. A century from him and we'll definitely be in with a chance.

The ODI's I'm predicting we will take 3-1 plus a rained out match.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The Kiwis are definately in rebuilding in all area's really & i reckon England will be able to overpower fairly well in the test series.

Hopefully that little situation Bond is in rectified quickly for NZ sake since i'd hate to see any player go off to that stupid 20/20 tournament in India. He may be injury proned & 33 but even if he has to cut his pace & add a bit of variation to his bowling he'd still be very useful to NZ's attack.

Days of Grace

International Captain
It was when Hadlee cut his pace and added variation that he became his most dangerous. I predict Bond, if he stays, to do the same. I think Hadlee was mid-30s when he produced arguably the best bowling performance of all-time in Brisbane in 1985, so there's no reason why Bond can't do the same (well, actually, there is: Hadlee was made of brick and Bond is made of glass).

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
On the upside, I'm getting Sky installed on the 17th, so I'll be watching this series. Booyah.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
You mean you hope to get it installed on the 17th ;)
No, it'll be installed on the 17th (and that's the time they gave me - between 8am and 12pm). If not, they'll never get the $13 in arrears I owe from my Dunedin days. :cool:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't we already have an *Official* tour thread for this-'un? Was going to suggest the squad-selection discussion was merged.
I thought we did, but my search a couple of days ago turned up nothing.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha yeah. I'm expecting Pietersen to score a double, and both Cook and Vaughan to go past 150 in the Test series.
I'm not expecting Pieterson to do that well in NZ tbh. For mine, Strauss & Collingwood are the most likely to be successful with the bat and obviously Hoggard with the ball

Craig

World Traveller
No, it'll be installed on the 17th (and that's the time they gave me - between 8am and 12pm). If not, they'll never get the $13 in arrears I owe from my Dunedin days. :cool:
:laugh: :laugh:

On another note, will having Jamie How as my avatar jinx him or not? If it is a jinx will Phlegm be leading an angry mob to lynch me?

Flem274*

123/5
:laugh: :laugh:

On another note, will having Jamie How as my avatar jinx him or not? If it is a jinx will Phlegm be leading an angry mob to lynch me?
Since its you I won't.:) You're an integral part of the CW angry mob you know.

Michael Clarke is basking in glory even if he fails lately and there's about half a million posters named pup something on this forum with pup avatars so the more How fans the better.