• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're a journalist so I thought you may be handy
I can hear it now....

"A Harness racing journalist, Mr. Voltman of (believe it or not) the South Island, once told me some interesting information about cricket..."

As you live in the Taranaki, this sentance will lose you all semblance of credibility as the Nakis know nothing about either Harness racing or the South Island.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hey, come on - the Nakisters have a couple of meetings at New Plymouth, Hawera and Stratford a few times a year...

And a former NZ Cup winner (Yulestar) was trained around those parts, I think.

But by and large, they're useless.

Flem274*

123/5
Hey, come on - the Nakisters have a couple of meetings at New Plymouth, Hawera and Stratford a few times a year...

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones:happy:

But yeah when it comes to horse racing we ain't too flash. Our racecourse doubles as a cricket field and the best event there is Americana.

Flem274*

123/5
I can hear it now....

"A Harness racing journalist, Mr. Voltman of (believe it or not) the South Island, once told me some interesting information about cricket..."

As you live in the Taranaki, this sentance will lose you all semblance of credibility as the Nakis know nothing about either Harness racing or the South Island.
Whats there to know about the South Island?:p

TBH you've mixed us up with Aucklanders.

HeathDavisSpeed

Voltman said:

And the five people who turn up watch the racing bemused as to why someone's put a trolley on the back of a Thoroughbred....

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Whats there to know about the South Island?:p

TBH you've mixed us up with Aucklanders.

Nah. The 'Naki isn't as bad as Auckland. Though, there's more Nakis that live in Wellington than Wellingtonians these days. Seems you lot can't wait to get away to the big smoke, whilst most Wellingtonians are thinking the same; only the big smoke is either in Australia or Europe.

HeathDavisSpeed

You know, you seem more obsessive about making people out to be obsessed than anyone you've actually accused of obsessiveness is obsessed.
Why do you keep getting involved in their disputes anyway? If you stick by what you preach, you'd report the post and say nothing to make things worse on the thread.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, that was the idea...
Why do you keep getting involved in their disputes anyway? If you stick by what you preach, you'd report the post and say nothing to make things worse on the thread.
The posts aren't report-worthy. And given I'm another dear old Volts has accused of the same thing, I'm not "getting involed", I'm already involved. It's my prerogative to make such accusations look as ridiculous as I can, because that's what they are.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
So, this for the Test, I guess:

Strauss
Cook
Vaughan*
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bell
Ambrose+
Broad
Hoggard