• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mangere isn't that far south of central Auckland, Tim. So, the answer is yes.
Bloody JAFAs. I'd rather live in the Auckland Islands than Auckland itself. The inhabitants of the Auckland Islands have a greater capacity to string a sentence together in English and don't resort to conversation about the traffic at every available opportunity.

Sure the most talkative inhabitants of the erstwhile Isles are albatross, and their conversation is rather focused on fish and long-haul air travel, but rather that than traffic.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Bloody JAFAs. I'd rather live in the Auckland Islands than Auckland itself. The inhabitants of the Auckland Islands have a greater capacity to string a sentence together in English and don't resort to conversation about the traffic at every available opportunity.

Sure the most talkative inhabitants of the erstwhile Isles are albatross, and their conversation is rather focused on fish and long-haul air travel, but rather that than traffic.
Sorry, I've been meaning to reply to this post for a few minutes now, but I've only just got back from the dairy. The traffic was hell!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Meanwhile, Ryder has apologised to his team, fans & family in presser.

The days of breaking a toilet window on Lambton Quay and not being noticed are over.

Brett Dale

School Boy/Girl Captain
How do you Blow Millions of Dollars, just ask Jesse Ryder.

Here is a guy, who should be at the top of the world, going on television a few weeks ago, saying he's curb his wild ways, cementing a place in the Black Caps at the tender age of 23, yet he blows it, and it just may cost him long term.

Now of course people are talking about, how he got drunk after the deciding match and smashed a window with his hand, of course they are talking about how he verbally abused Hospital Staff that were treating him, and of course they are talking about how he is out of action for 12 weeks, missing most of the return tour to England.

What I found most disturbing is his actions before the match,which shows he has no Professionalism whatsoever. Now don't get me wrong, how have I got the right to comment?, In my only proper game of cricket I made a Golden Duck, not playing a shot, but then again I ran out the School Bully with a bullet like throw from square leg. So I must of been doing something right.

Anyway, there wouldn't be many Professional sports people on the face of the Planet that would have Ryder's attitude. Can ya Imagine before the World Cup Final, Ronaldo deciding to go out Boozing, can ya Imagine before an NBA Playoff series, Dirk from the Mavericks deciding he wanted to party it up before the match, Can ya Imagine those in the Gymnastics events for the Olympics/the Swimmers all deciding that they would rather go on a Bender the night before the Gold Medal Event.

An American Journalist who has been living in New Zealand for over25 years, the Great John Digby's got it right, if Ryder was in a sporting team in Europe or the USA and did what he did before the deciding match of the series, he would be cut.

Ryder is very lucky though, there is not many people who can take his place in the team, and the drinking cultural of New Zealand, seems to support him, most the calls to Sport Radio in New Zealand and on the message boards, have been the same, "The players of yesteryear use to get drunk before a match, never did them any harm, or "My mates and I are always getting Drunk and we go to work"

Well maybe that worked 30 or 40 years ago when Sport was Amateur in New Zealand and you could get away with it, but its 2008 and things have changed.

If Ryder was a true Professional, he would of been looking at Game Tapes the night before the game, He would be going over his notes, he would be having team meetings with the other players, he would be working with everybody possible to get the best out of himself, its no use saying, "Well the Players have to have a life" Let the players have a life in the off season! Can ya imagine Peyton Manning saying to his coach, "Nah, I'm not going to go over the set plays, Im off drinking.

If its good enough for Footballers, Basketballers, Swimmers, Sprinters, Baseballers, Rugby Players etc etc etc, to give up going out, the night before their big event and getting Drunk, it should be Good enough for Ryder.

If he doesn't learn this, he will cost himself Millions of Dollars and let the cricket loving public of New Zealand Down and more importantly he will let himself down.

I hope he learns his lesson quick.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Good post Brett Dale, agree totally.

Ryder seems to take his place for granted already, and obviously thinks he's above any team rules because he believes in his mind that he's the next greatest thing and NZC wouldn't dare dismiss him.

The whole situation reminds me of the various dramas of the 90s surrounding Fleming/Nash/Cairns/Parore.

Flem274*

123/5
If they can make it through the traffic that is. Last thing I heard, they were stuck in a traffic jam at Huntly.
Hey Heath, if you really are Heath Davis, can I use some of your posts about NZ cricket in my speech? It sounds alot better if I say "NZ Fast bowler Heath Davis" rather than "supergibberishposter93 says.." Your posts have alot more weight behind them.

Oh come to think of it, can I use yours too Volty? (I'm going to need a real name though if thats OK, can't refer to my source as "Voltman":laugh: )

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The match is irrelevant, but time in the middle bowling and batting isn't.
If that's all people want, why not just practice in the middle with the full squad and anyone else of any decent standard who fancies joining-in? Just let each batsman bat for a certain time, give each bowler a certain number of overs, etc.

Far better than this stuff, where scores are kept and opportunities wasted by the fact that the game is being played as if it were a game of cricket of relevance, but isn't.