• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in New Zealand

James

Cricket Web Owner
Dec 19-21: v Northern Knights at Seddon Park, Hamilton

Dec 23: v Northern Knights at Seddon Park, Hamilton.

Dec 26: 1st ODI at Eden Park, Auckland.

Dec 28: 2nd ODI at McLean Park, Napier

Dec 31: 3rd ODI at Queenstown Events Centre, Queenstown

Jan 4-8: 1st Test Match at University Oval, Dunedin.

Jan 12-16: 2nd Test Match at Basin Reserve, Wellington.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A Test match in Dunedin against Bangladesh? I'm going to be in heaven :cool:

HeathDavisSpeed

Tests in Dunedin, eh? I never thought I'd see the day again. I thought the NZC were having a sulk at Dunedin City Council. Another new test match venue. I'm sure the University Oval will cope with the attendance...

If you bring a mate (if you go, Perm) you'll double the attendance!! ;)

Perm

Tests in Dunedin, eh? I never thought I'd see the day again. I thought the NZC were having a sulk at Dunedin City Council. Another new test match venue. I'm sure the University Oval will cope with the attendance...

If you bring a mate (if you go, Perm) you'll double the attendance!! ;)
If I'm living in Dunedin or at home at the time (which I more than likely will be) then I'll definately be attending. TBF to the University Oval they have been hosting Otago for a couple of seasons now and are coping well with that, as well as getting a fair bit of praise on National Bank Cricket Company as having some of the best looking scenery and establishments in NZ.

HeathDavisSpeed

I'm not criticising the Oval at all, Perm. Seems a decent enough ground to me for First Class cricket... And lets be honest, we haven't been setting attendance records for test matches in quite some time, so Bangladesh at Dunedin's not exactly going to be a hot selling ticket. I'd say that a much sterner challenge for the organisers in Dunedin will be hosting a top level ODI there.

Either way, I expect attendances to be poor again, but hopefully we can pack the test grounds to the rafters for the England games and keep the Barmies out!

Perm

I'm not criticising the Oval at all, Perm. Seems a decent enough ground to me for First Class cricket... And lets be honest, we haven't been setting attendance records for test matches in quite some time, so Bangladesh at Dunedin's not exactly going to be a hot selling ticket. I'd say that a much sterner challenge for the organisers in Dunedin will be hosting a top level ODI there.

Either way, I expect attendances to be poor again, but hopefully we can pack the test grounds to the rafters for the England games and keep the Barmies out!
Test cricket is hardly a spectator sport in New Zealand, even if it is appreciated by a few of us real fans. Given the relatively tidy and small nature of the University Oval I don't think the ground will look as barren as the Basin Reserve or Jade Stadium looked last year.

HeathDavisSpeed

A fair point, Perm. They should aim to do as well as Seddon Park. It looked like an excellent crowd there for the Chappell-Hadlee game 2006/7. I wonder if the attendance at Dunedin will be relatively high as they've been deprived of Test Cricket in Otago for a while

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
No Tests in Auckland? What's the point of living here otherwise!

I'll be heading to the Test in Dunedin, though, since I'll be home for the holidays.

Perm

A fair point, Perm. They should aim to do as well as Seddon Park. It looked like an excellent crowd there for the Chappell-Hadlee game 2006/7. I wonder if the attendance at Dunedin will be relatively high as they've been deprived of Test Cricket in Otago for a while
If it was an ODI I think you could expect maybe a couple of thousand to turn up, but I seriously doubt too many people will make the effort.

Perm

No Tests in Auckland? What's the point of living here otherwise!

I'll be heading to the Test in Dunedin, though, since I'll be home for the holidays.
I extend the same message I gave NZTailender to you.

HeathDavisSpeed

Possible meetup?
I would normally be going to this test myself, but I'm considering going on a multi-day wilderness river excursion on the Franklin in Tasmania around about this time. Even if the dates don't clash, if I do end up going to Tassy, I'll have no cash!!

Perm

I would normally be going to this test myself, but I'm considering going on a multi-day wilderness river excursion on the Franklin in Tasmania around about this time. Even if the dates don't clash, if I do end up going to Tassy, I'll have no cash!!
Hate to burst you bubble Heath, but I was referring to the Dunedin Test match and I think you were talking about the Wellington one.

HeathDavisSpeed

Hate to burst you bubble Heath, but I was referring to the Dunedin Test match and I think you were talking about the Wellington one.
Nah mate, I'd travel down to Dunners to watch a test. I'm usually down in the South Island for a while round Christmas seeing friends. One things for sure though, I do not miss a test at the Basin.... There's no doubt over my attendance for that game ;)

Perm

Nah mate, I'd travel down to Dunners to watch a test. I'm usually down in the South Island for a while round Christmas seeing friends. One things for sure though, I do not miss a test at the Basin.... There's no doubt over my attendance for that game ;)
I applaud your commitment.

Craig

World Traveller
So your the person with the 'Bring Back Heath' sign? It all seems so obvious :wallbash:

Has Carisbrook been thrown in the dust bin as internationals now?