• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will the rain stop

PhoenixFire

International Coach
How can something be off topic if it is a) related to cricket in the cricket chat forum and b) the start of a new topic?
Is it? I didn't see any mention of cricket in the OP. Anway that is not the matter.

This rain is certainly pissing me off. We've had 3 games cancelled since saturday, and I doubt training will be on tomorrow or tonight, this is grinding my gears big time.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
This rain is certainly pissing me off. We've had 3 games cancelled since saturday, and I doubt training will be on tomorrow or tonight, this is grinding my gears big time.
I've had Saturday match cancelled and a festival game today cancelled. Tomorrow and Wednesday look set to follow considering the place that we're playing at has no covers.

Since my exams finished, almost three weeks ago, I think it has rained on all but a couple of days.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
It seems to be raining all over the world, as well. It's depressing when it's pouring outside and you turn on the telly to watch some cricket but it's raining there as well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've been rather looking forward to the day for months, TBH, and now hardly anyone can even be bothered to do so much as make a single post to say "nah, I can't come"! :mellow:

For shame, CWers, for shame.

1-9-7-7

International Regular
What's worse is that the weather was INTENSELY HOT like 2 months ago just before the official summer began.
When we get into it
Rain rain rain:(

stumpski

International Captain
Well, I suppose some would say at least it's only the Twenty20 that's getting stuffed - maybe the sun will be shining again when real cricket returns. ;) Has anyone seen a long-term forecast for July? I see from the 5-day one, rain is forecast for London all week, but Maidstone isn't looking too bad. I wouldn't have thought they'd be that different really.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It is raining in Calcutta as well. Must say I have different feelings towards this to every one else and I would say most Indians do (I saw Agent tBY mention it some where as well). Rain has cooled off the hot weather here temporarily and any every thing. Am enjoying the rain tremendously.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LOL, I've been called many things but never that :p

It would suck, but 20 wickets will be hard for either of our bowling attacks to achieve given 5 days' play, going by reports it really is going to rain through July and August, so play will be heavily interrupted. :@