• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will the rain stop

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
It is raining in Calcutta as well. Must say I have different feelings towards this to every one else and I would say most Indians do (I saw Agent tBY mention it some where as well). Rain has cooled off the hot weather here temporarily and any every thing. Am enjoying the rain tremendously.
Sure... except if you gotta travel by public transport. :@

Days of Grace

International Captain
It's raining in Japan too. Must be raining all over the world. Hey man, I got to ride my bicycle to and from work. You think you've got it tough in Calcutta!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's raining and sunning around here, TBH. Just like it has for the past... oh, 5 weeks. :@:mad:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
It cant keep raining forever can it?
And there's still 2 months left in summer.

But still the weather is so **** so far. :@

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Wimbledon to finish 3-6 hours before the US Open is scheduled to start. Federer will find it tough to play in two continents at once, but should do it.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
It's gonna rain all summer, watch out for 0-0 when we play India
Actually IF it stops raining enough to get some play it might help us against India as cloudy weather might help it swing (apparently 1974 was a rotten summer -accoring to Wisden anyway -and India got stuffed 3-0 despite two of the Tests being rain affected - and most of that team had won here three years previously). If it was hot and sunny I'd say 0-0 was more likely (see 1990 for evidence when we got the win at Lord's because of the speed of Goochie's scoring and the other two were high scoring draws) . Of course if it rains for days on end this argument is obsolete....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually IF it stops raining enough to get some play it might help us against India as cloudy weather might help it swing (apparently 1974 was a rotten summer -accoring to Wisden anyway -and India got stuffed 3-0 despite two of the Tests being rain affected - and most of that team had won here three years previously). If it was hot and sunny I'd say 0-0 was more likely (see 1990 for evidence when we got the win at Lord's because of the speed of Goochie's scoring and the other two were high scoring draws) . Of course if it rains for days on end this argument is obsolete....
You need a decent ball to swing, though (and capable bowlers - which in 1974 with Willis, Old, Arnold, Hendrick et al we certainly had), not just damp weather, and while the balls this season are said to be swinging more than at any time since 2000, it still doesn't seem like things are quite back to where they once were.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
It's raining in Japan too. Must be raining all over the world. Hey man, I got to ride my bicycle to and from work. You think you've got it tough in Calcutta!
Well I stand around while it's raining on me, waiting for some autorickshaw driver in Mumbai to have the heart to take me to my destination despite the fact that "there's traffic" and "the bill will be high" means more money for him.