• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who has the best slower ball in world cricket???

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lees and gillespies are good, they would screw you yup soo much cause you are expecting a heaps quick ball and then you get something completeley different

Fernando and Watson boh have very good slower balls

Kimbo

International Debutant
Brett Lee's slower ball is way too slow. It would be a surprise but once it came out of the hand you would have ages to react. I haven't seen any batsmen too bamboozled...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by Rik
[Also I'd like to say Dilhara Fernando's (Sri Lanka) slower ball is a damn good one.
You sure you mean Dilhara and not Charitha "Buddika" Fernando - he's the one who struck with the slower one last summer against England.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
Originally posted by Rik
[Also I'd like to say Dilhara Fernando's (Sri Lanka) slower ball is a damn good one.
You sure you mean Dilhara and not Charitha "Buddika" Fernando - he's the one who struck with the slower one last summer against England.
Nope I wrote Dilhara and I mean Dilhara. He got Vaughan and Hussain out with it and troubled quite a few batsmen in the Natwest Series. That's why I picked him.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
Brett Lee's slower ball is way too slow. It would be a surprise but once it came out of the hand you would have ages to react. I haven't seen any batsmen too bamboozled...
Yeah i don't think his slower one are all that effective.Cairns has a good slower one and so has Watson!

Eclipse

International Debutant
Originally posted by sasnoz
cairns has a bloody awesome 1 he bowls scrmbled seam so it doesnt matter wot the seam looks like:lol:
Yes he bowls a good one but bowling it with a scrambeld seam is a bad thing as thats what most slower balls use.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by Rik
Nope I wrote Dilhara and I mean Dilhara. He got Vaughan and Hussain out with it and troubled quite a few batsmen in the Natwest Series. That's why I picked him.
I thought Charitha got Vaughan and Hussain with it in the First Test...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe but Dilhara does have a fine slower delivery. Nowhere near Walsh quality though!:D but then so few are...

sasnoz

Banned
Eclipse said:
Yes he bowls a good one but bowling it with a scrambeld seam is a bad thing as thats what most slower balls use.

i mean chris cairns doesnt bowl seam up half the time so the seam doesnt give away his slower ball