• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best non-wicket taking ball ever

JBMAC

State Captain
An excellent delivery and I can understand the umpire's quandry...L/H around the wicket, ball obviously starting to go down leg side...I would have found it hard to give decision in favour of Bowler..Remember, benefit of doubt must be given to batsman..So NOT OUT.

1-9-7-7

International Regular
"**** this cheating English Bastard of an umpire. If he cant see the trajectory of the ball he's blind or the **** is cheating. **** bag."

Apology for the curses there James.
It's a direct quote from someone on Youtube.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well... it was a decent ball, yeah, but I've seen hundreds more spectacular. :mellow:

One from Courtney Walsh to Michael Vaughan in 2000 at Headingley stands-out above all... it'd probably have taken a bat about 5 or 6 times the width to hit it, and that's no exaggeration.

adharcric

International Coach
EDIT: I take that back. I have seen other deliveries of that caliber but truly awesome stuff from Wasim. :notworthy

Last edited:

Beleg

International Regular
No, the ball is that special. ;)

I have seen a few balls which might have been a bit more spectecular, after a certain stage, the title 'best' becomes meaningless in any case, however, this ball is just completely amazing. The commentator explains the reason pretty well in the video.
But if you still don't get that, try asking a left hand seamer to deliver a ball at roughly at same arm angle and see where the trajectory of the ball ends up at.

Making a ball move is not that difficult. Getting it to cut sharply or swing late, while commendable, can be done by those with talent, brain and skill - but getting the combination completely right (it would be hard to find a plumb'er LBW) is rarely achieved.

If Pakistan ever produce a bowler with half the ability of Akram again we'll be lucky beyond reasonable belief.

Last edited:

JBMAC

State Captain
No, the ball is that special. ;).

If Pakistan ever produce a bowler with half the ability of Akram again we'll be lucky beyond reasonable belief.
Now that is an optimistic statement if ever I heard one given the state of Pakistan Cricket these days.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasim - what a player.

Looked like someone had a remote control on the thing. Laughed at the ball actually beating the OUTside edge.

Unbelieveable.

Xuhaib

International Coach
No fluke either this guy was capable of doing anything with the cricket ball, I have always maintained that Akram was an underachiever he was a special talent but his attitude let him down and that was confirmed by Imran.