• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best non-wicket taking ball ever

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'm hoping it might make Pratyush think before going round telling people to wrestle as he is want to do. It's quite normal to announce that you've reported it afaik
But that doesn't mean it's always right to do so. I can't think of many circumstances where it is constructive to announce you've reported someone.

adharcric

International Coach
But that doesn't mean it's always right to do so. I can't think of many circumstances where it is constructive to announce you've reported someone.
Primarily agree that posting "post reported" is unnecessary, but there are a few reasons I can think of ...

1) Mods don't always get to the situation very quickly. Announcing your action may inhibit the offender and control the situation until a mod arrives.
2) Just to ensure that ten different people don't go and report the same post. "Guys, I got 'em covered" kinda thing ... or not. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes I am being hypocritical in answering this but how could it offend Xubhaib? He expressed the same sentiments as me.
Absolutely. I thought Fiery was 'avin a laff when I first saw "post reported" (and mostly when someone says "post reported" they haven't actually reported it, it's mostly said in jest)... then I read down and realised he was actually serious. :mellow:

The way I read it Perm and Xuhaib were expressing alike sentiments. This saga is crazy... and I can't even tell if Pratyush and np10 are joshing either. :confused:

Fiery

Banned
Absolutely. I thought Fiery was 'avin a laff when I first saw "post reported" (and mostly when someone says "post reported" they haven't actually reported it, it's mostly said in jest)... then I read down and realised he was actually serious. :mellow:

The way I read it Perm and Xuhaib were expressing alike sentiments. This saga is crazy... and I can't even tell if Pratyush and np10 are joshing either. :confused:
OK, let me get this straight. Perm called Xuhaib an idiot for taking the comments on youtube seriously. Xuhaib responded by calling Perm an idiot in response for thinking he had taken them seriously. What have I missed?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Didn't see the malice in either comment, TBH... maybe Xuhaib could confirm, he's not posted since the saga began. Maybe I'm wrong.

Beleg

International Regular
umm people

a sense of humor (and a disinclination towards bitchiness and dramamongering) goes a long way

even on the internets