• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rule Question

shanehodson

Cricket Spectator
My friends and I are new to cricket and have a question. Say the batter scores one run but while going for a second point is run out. Does the batter keep the first run?

shanehodson

Cricket Spectator
Thanks. Also, if the batter tips the ball and it hits his own wicket, but is not passed the popping crease, is he out?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If the ball hits the wicket anytime your OUT!!

Bat
you mean. And nopes.

Once a delivery is complete, if the batsman hits the wicket, he is not out. I do not know the exact rules for delivery being completed but AFAIK it occurs when any of the following happens:

a) Batsman has completed his shot and shows no intention of taking further runs.
b) Ball has crossed the boundary for four or six.
c) A batsman has been dismissed.
d) Umpire calls a dead ball or over.