• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Proposed Changes in CW Awards

Are you in favor of the proposed changes?

• Total voters

adharcric

International Coach
Dear CWers,

We are considering some changes to the CW Awards. Since these are your awards, we want you to help us make this decision. Here are the changes being considered:

1. Open up the Skull to OT.
    Reasoning: OT is far ahead of CC in the "humor" department. The Skull is not a "hardcore" award that necessarily needs to be restricted to CC.
  • Create a new award for OT.
    Reasoning: Currently, there are no OT awards. This award can honor the best OT poster or most active OT poster, for example.

Please remember that these awards will remain primarily CC-oriented. We will appreciate your feedback.

The CW Awards Panel

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I unloaded in the Gears Grinding thread today and won't get a Saj.

So, if we can get something like that going for OT would be great.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd prefer to keep the Skull as a CC award myself but I wouldn't object to ONE new award for OT, although there would probably be a fair amount of discussion regarding what the subject for that award could possibly be.

Fiery

Banned
I'd prefer to keep the Skull as a CC award myself but I wouldn't object to ONE new award for OT, although there would probably be a fair amount of discussion regarding what the subject for that award could possibly be.
I'm fine with that. Would make it easier for me to judge but just don't like seeing so many "no award this week"'s so think including the rest CW might help that

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went for keeping them as they are, but I'd be cool with awards for OT. Don't think that the current awards should be opened to OT though, new ones should be the go IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I voted yes to the skull being open to OT but then thinking about it, I reckon it's harder to be funny in CC than OT, so that might be worth thinking about.

oz_fan

International Regular
I think there needs to be a clear distinction between awards for CC and OT but I have no problem with introducing OT award(s).

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
For me either "No - Restict the Skull to CC; Yes - Add a new award for OT" or "No; No; Keep the awards as they are".

Fusion

Global Moderator
I think there should be a separate awards thread altogether for OT. And it should be posted in OT.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I think there should be a separate awards thread altogether for OT. And it should be posted in OT.
I was going to Vote something else, but this post convinced me for the last choice.

Any Chance you would Join Barack Obama's campaign ?