• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final TWO bowlers for the All Time Test XI

Choose TWO Final Bowlers for the All Time Test XI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oz_fan

International Regular
This is a poll to decide the final two bowlers for the All Time Test XI. The current side can be found here. The contenders are:

Bowlers
Harold Larwood - 21 78 6/32 10/124 28.35 2.67 63.7 4 1 3.715
Bill O'Reilly - 27 144 7/54 11/129 22.59 1.94 79.6 11 3 5.333
Fred Spofforth - 18 94 7/44 14/90 18.41 2.48 44.52 7 4 5.222
Sydney Barnes - 27 189 9/103 17/159 16.43 2.36 41.65 24 7 7
Shane Warne - 145 708 8/71 12/128 25.41 2.65 57.49 37 10 4.88
Muttiah Muralitharan -110 674 9/51 16/220 21.73 2.39 54.45 57 19 6.1272

All Rounder
All Rounder Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50 W BB BowlAv 5w
Aubrey Faulkner - 24 2180 204 40.74 4 8 82 7/84 26.58 4

Last edited:

Days of Grace

International Captain
I chose Murali, and Barnes. But, if it was spinning conditions, then Warne would come into for either Barnes or McGrath. But, it's really hard to pick.

And, I'm also wondering why Hadlee wasn't at least one of the options on this poll?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Warne is a must and I would have put Murali if it weren't for my new-found respect for Sydney Barnes. A legend, and one of the few players I'd consider now for an All-Time team without batting an eye-lid, even though I hadn't seen him play. Add that I find it enough to have one spinner on the team.

EDIT: what I meant to say about Barnes is that usually regarding players I haven't seen I am usually weary about putting them in, but Barnes not so much.

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
And, I'm also wondering why Hadlee wasn't at least one of the options on this poll?
he, along with lillee and ambrose and so many other greats, lost out to marshall and mcgrath when we picked our post world war II team.

i am not sure what i am going to do for the last two bowling slots. i have changed the choices in my mind too many times since we started this process sometime last year.

i think i will go for warne and barnes. but will wait for another day to vote.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I went Barnes and Warney, but geez it hardly matters - much like the poll for the middle order batsmen, you're going to have an absolute legend bowling for you whoever gets up.

It's as if I've given my mates a list of Scarlet Johannson, Angeline Jolie, Jessica Alba, Monica Belucci and Claudia Schiffer and told them to vote for which one I get to sleep with tonight.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Went with Barnes and Warne. I consider Murali to be an over-all better bowler than Barnes, however, I prefer my team to have one spinner.

JBH001

International Regular
Hmmm, difficult, very difficult.

Barnes is a must have, but so is Murali, and so is Warne.

I am leaning toward Murali and Barnes, but will hold off for a day or so, I think.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hoopefully Murali gets in, i can't imagine a All Time team without two spinners atleast. It wouldn't have enough variety. Personally i would go with three spinners, but there isn't that option as we have pick two seamers. Which is kind of stupid, then there is option of picking no spinners.

We should atleast have the option of picking 3-4 spinners in a side IMO.

adharcric

International Coach
Hoopefully Murali gets in, i can't imagine a All Time team without two spinners atleast. It wouldn't have enough variety. Personally i would go with three spinners, but there isn't that option as we have pick two seamers. Which is kind of stupid, then there is option of picking no spinners.

We should atleast have the option of picking 3-4 spinners in a side IMO.
Disagree. Spinners should never take the new ball in an all-time side.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Disagree. Spinners should never take the new ball in an all-time side.
Who ever said spinners had to take the new ball, if you have seam bowling all rounder they can take the new ball. If you had four spinners it would require one of your batsmen to be seamer i.e Hammond. Regardless there should be the option of picking 3 spinners, which there really isn't. There is only a limited option of picking two spinners. As we have to pick two seamers.