• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Taibu in line for Zimbabwe comeback

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't really say it makes any real difference. Only interesting thing is: why has he changed his mind?

brockley

International Captain
Maybe Taibu heard zimbabwe was getting its test status back,s africa done a backdoor deal with india for the icc presidency to get zimbabwe back in.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
I suspect it might be because unlike the Flowers, Streak, Ervine and Price he hasn't found a niche in CC.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
very possible, which is a bit strange as hes not a bad player at all imo, certainly could do a job for several county sides.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd lose respect for Taibu if he comes back to Zimbabwe, but I doubt he cares what some guy in New Zealand thinks.

brockley

International Captain
Sorry a little enthusiastic in my comments.oh well.
Taibu holding out for his money still tho but the zcu is broke,depends what money the icc gives to the zcu.
If zimbabwe come back to tests well 11.5 million,if not 200,000 a minnows wage.

Langeveldt

Soutie
It's a very weird decision from Taibu.. He could at least earn real money in SA or Namibia, and be appreciated as a player.. I guess he's a real patriot..

brockley

International Captain
I doubt taylor would want to qualify for holland,more likely a kolpak player for a county next season,he was in england earlier this year.
If taibu and taylor not sorted they will have to play mufambizi.
Is sibanda in oz or zimbabwe at the moment his allegiences are stretched too.