• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 17th-24 June

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

The CW Awards Team

Prince EWS (Milestones & Jimmy Adams & Agarkar/Mohammed)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey & Inzamam & Saj & Sobers)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh/Lillee)
Archie (Warne & Rana/Gatting)
HeathDavisSpeed (FIAB)
Fiery (Skull)

Okay, we are looking for someone to take over the Rana/Gatting award.
Official welcome to Fiery

All awards nominations from members to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: vic_orthdox for this click here , short and sharp, top post here.

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is aussie tragic for this click here , great idea for a thread this one:cool:

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Poker Boy click here Fiery and his first choice for the Skull:laugh:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: TT_Boy has been pretty active this week, more than I can ever remember him being

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: 33/3from3.3, Alysum, andmark, andyc, Austin3169, blinkatesh, cameeel, DCC_legend, ethos, FBU, Fiery, godofcricket, gunner, Josh, Kallicharran123, LA ICE-E, Marisa 7, Natman20, Nemesis27, readie, ripper868, Sanz, Stumped for this click here , Lest we never forget:-O

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: no award this week

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Pup Clarke has posted lots and posted quality pretty well without fail. Top work:thumbup1:

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: no award this week

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
atisha_ro very active all over the forum

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no awards this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week ((following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves:: And the Winner is: no award this week

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: no winner this week

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week) After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen. And the Winner is: not sure

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week) Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?" And the Winner is: Nishant for this click here , an award to a banned member, oh well lets hope he is still checking in as a guest :unsure:

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good call on the Greigy team :D . Well done to all winners and thanks for the awards team.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hahahahahahaha at this week's Greigy. And well done to everyone else. Great Warnie this week, I might add. :thumbup1:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Poker Boy click here Fiery and his first choice for the Skull:laugh:
Hmm, gotta say I didn't read that post before now otherwise I think I'd have picked it for the Inzy, TBH. :confused:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You surely made the selection, though, no?

I mean, I'd have suggested it myself, TBH, but have been lazy with the nominations the last few weeks.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Marc put me up to it!:ph34r:
Ah! As I thought! He claims to be departed, but like the Murphy one his ghost hangs around these parts like thin air! Always knew he'd be trying to keep his meddling ways in these Awards!

(Very much needs a YES, THIS POST WAS IN JEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! methinks)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Gutted that i ain't getting any awards for Ganguly propaganda :laugh:.

Anyway congratulations to all the winners.

HB can congratulate for himself this time:p