• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 17th-24 June

adharcric

International Coach
Ah good. Another question. Why are the awards restricted to Cricket Chat? Why don't they cover the whole site?
Good question. In fact, I was going to propose introducing a single OT award for now. Perhaps OT poster of the week? Thoughts?

Fiery

Banned
These are NOT strictly CC Awards. They simply happen to be posted in CC and up until now only contain awards relevant to CC. As Fiery says, CW Awards.

IMO.
It would certainly mean less "no awards" if we broadened the range of forums we have to chose from too imo

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
These are NOT strictly CC Awards. They simply happen to be posted in CC and up until now only contain awards relevant to CC. As Fiery says, CW Awards.

IMO.
What I meant by that, incidentally, was Awards posted in CC. It would strike me as fairly pointless mentioning OT in CC-posted Awards threads because a large number of the core crowd of OT never even read CC these days, less still post here.

If you wanted to do Awards relative to posts in OT, IMO, it'd only make sense to post said Awards there. Me, I'd honestly not be terribly bothered about any Awards relative to that forum. I think it works best the way it's always been so far.

TBH, though, in my searches of the Awards archives, I've found posts in non-CC forums. So it's not actually all relating to this forum - the only stipulation has been not in OT, for the reasons given by Sean in his first-ever Awards-related post. In theory, a post in SD or even BC (Backyard Cricket) could win something.

Anyway - I don't feel 100% comfortable with this, really, I feel a bit like I'm coming across as laying-down-the-law, and that's not my place, it's Sean's.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Not really, it's not something he hasn't said about 250 times before. It wasn't remotely funny the first time, heaven knows how funny it's not now.
I agree it wasn't funny, It was just a remark on your attempt to increase your post counts which I thought was a very genuine and meaningful and served its pupose unlike rest of your posts.

I just wish all your posts were like that.

archie mac

International Coach
Just on opening the awards up to OT, I don't think we will do it just yet. The forums are quite different, and a number of people post in one or the other.

It will also change the focus from cricket, as most of the posts in OT are on other subjects.:)

Ideally I would like to see seperate awards in OT, but not sure if anyone wants to run them? I would be happy to help set them up, but not to run them:ph34r:

adharcric

International Coach
Just on opening the awards up to OT, I don't think we will do it just yet. The forums are quite different, and a number of people post in one or the other.

It will also change the focus from cricket, as most of the posts in OT are on other subjects.:)

Ideally I would like to see seperate awards in OT, but not sure if anyone wants to run them? I would be happy to help set them up, but not to run them:ph34r:
Sean, I certainly agree that we should not shift the focus away from cricket. My suggestion was actually to just add one OT-related award; apart from awards like the Skull, every other award would be restricted to CC. In this way, we can keep the focus to cricket but open up the "humor" award to the forum that produces most of the "humor" and add a little something for posters who are also engaged in OT. Bradman, Afridi, Sobers, Gatting/Rana, etc. would be CC-only. Of course, another possibility is that someone starts a parallel set of awards in OT. Personally, I don't like that option and would not support or participate in it. That said, I really won't mind if we stick to CC ... just a suggestion on my part. :)

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
Sean, I certainly agree that we should not shift the focus away from cricket. My suggestion was actually to just add one OT-related award; apart from awards like the Skull, every other award would be restricted to CC. In this way, we can keep the focus to cricket but open up the "humor" award to the forum that produces most of the "humor" and add a little something for posters who are also engaged in OT. Bradman, Afridi, Sobers, Gatting/Rana, etc. would be CC-only. Of course, another possibility is that someone starts a parallel set of awards in OT. Personally, I don't like that option and would not support or participate in it. That said, I really won't mind if we stick to CC ... just a suggestion on my part. :)
Okay mate, would you be prepared to throw up a poll, and we will let the CC members vote on it, after all it is their awards.

Soemthing like: would you support opening the Skull up to OT? Or would you prefer a new award to be created in the Awards thread for OT?