• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 17th-24 June

jot1

State Vice-Captain
The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Poker Boy click here Fiery and his first choice for the Skull :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Congrats all especially Poker Boy.

Fiery

Banned
Hmm, gotta say I didn't read that post before now otherwise I think I'd have picked it for the Inzy, TBH. :confused:
OK, let me get this straight... is the Skull for the funniest "poster" or funniest "post"? I thought it was for the funniest post. I thought the "minibus" joke was very good hence it got the award. Why are you undermining my choice Richard?

Poker_Boy, maybe you (or perhaps a mod) could edit your post and tidy up the quote, etc to make it easier to read? I asked if this could be done before presenting it but unfortunately that's how it was left. Cheers

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK, let me get this straight... is the Skull for the funniest "poster" or funniest "post"? I thought it was for the funniest post. I thought the "minibus" joke was very good hence it got the award. Why are you undermining my choice Richard?

Poker_Boy, maybe you (or perhaps a mod) could edit your post and tidy up the quote, etc to make it easier to read? I asked if this could be done before presenting it but unfortunately that's how it was left. Cheers
Done, Fiery.

And love the term "minibus".
TBH, makes a bit more sense now but as it was, with the quote messed-up and the punctuation and smileys all over the place... it was rather vague to me.

I didn't even notice the minibus joke part until now, TBH. All I saw was a load of seemingly endless text.

Fiery

Banned
TBH, makes a bit more sense now but as it was, with the quote messed-up and the punctuation and smileys all over the place... it was rather vague to me.

I didn't even notice the minibus joke part until now, TBH. All I saw was a load of seemingly endless text.
:) Can you answer my question about "post" or "poster" please Rich?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was going to get onto that actually, having not spotted it the first time I skimmed the posts...

It's actually quite a tricky question. Officially, the Award is titled "Funniest Poster of the week". Yet it has to be given for one specific post. In essence, it's basically saying that because you made the funniest post of the week, you win the title funniest poster.

When you make the selection, then, you look for the funniest post.

Fiery

Banned
Was going to get onto that actually, having not spotted it the first time I skimmed the posts...

It's actually quite a tricky question. Officially, the Award is titled "Funniest Poster of the week". Yet it has to be given for one specific post. In essence, it's basically saying that because you made the funniest post of the week, you win the title funniest poster.

When you make the selection, then, you look for the funniest post.
Ah good. Another question. Why are the awards restricted to Cricket Chat? Why don't they cover the whole site?