• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC presidency could be decided on toss of a coin

1-9-7-7

International Regular
Wouldn't it make more sense to let Malaysia, Kenya and Israel have their say rather then flip a coin?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
At that point, the decision will rest on the toss. Malcolm Speed, the ICC's chief executive, is believed to have said that this would be quite appropriate, as it plays such an important part in matches.

BTW the lack of responses in this thread sums up how people can't be ****ed about the ICC any more. There have been so many ridiculous decisions by the ICC in past 18 months or so that people aren't surprised any more as well.

adharcric

International Coach
Excellent. They'll be dire either way, might as well make it fun and entertaining.

On another note, Malcolm Speed might be one of the stupidest people in cricket today.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hopefully I$C$C disbands and gets restarted from scratch, but I won't be holding my breath.

In any case, whatever we say, things would only get worse were that to happen by all reports. And even if they didn't, the thing would presumably be rebuilt to become almost exactly what it is once again.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Anyone consider that tossing a coin could actually be an improvement over other decision making practices?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorely tempted to naughty the part about "breakfast" but will resist.:laugh:.What do you mean going for breakfast?. Surely there's something edible in your own home...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Umm... yeah... there is, and that's what I'm gonna have. And always do. Cereal every day.

WTF is it Naughty-worthy? :dontgetit