• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shivnarine, take a bow

SightForTheGods

Cricket Spectator
Wow no replies. Ya, I was pretty impressed by Shivnarine's perfomance. Kinda reminds me of Rahul Dravid fighting his lonely battles.

andmark

International Captain
He does deserve at least an Internet Article about him.
It was a good article by Pasag. (I think he's Pasag)

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He does deserve atleast an Internet Article about him.
It was a good article by Pasag. (I think he's Pasag)
It sure was pasag. Great article mate. Chanderpaul has been massive in the Test series, lets hope he can convert that into ODI form.

Mister Wright

He's in the form of his life atm and it's great to see. He's a fantastic batsman and I hope it continues for him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Has been pretty astonishing in the just-concluded series, though I do seem to remember a couple of dropped catches.

:happy:

R_D

International Debutant
nice article... SIv's not the preetiest to watch but it good player with grit and determination.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Excellent reporting and great seeing the appreciation of Chanderpaul. He's been a favorite of mine since he was in SA.:)

1-9-7-7

International Regular
Damn good article.
He was a big reason I watched those tests.
Hope to see more from the lad:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Think the mood just hasn't struck him in this instance, TBH. Always capable of going completely insane when it does, scoring quicker than just about anyone else can.

If he'd been in a shot-playing frame-of-mind at any point, I'm sure we'd have seen a rather blinding innings somewhere.

Perm

Just a shame he isnt able to play freely due to woeful teammates
From my point of view I'd rather see Chanderpaul standing up in the face of adversity and grinding out these innings when his team needs them rather than getting a run a ball fifty. The West Indies didn't just need to score runs, they needed to bat time. Chanderpaul is an expert at both.

Piper

International Captain
Shiv is soo annoying, but in a good way! WI are so lucky to have him.. If they didn't I would hate to see the mess they would have been other wise.