• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's Festive Season Tests under threat

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And you support the Broncos too... :dry:
Lol. I was thinking more about test cricket where Australia have been dominant for so long, I've kind of lost my passion for following them, it comes more now from individual performances.

I'm still a mad passionate supporter of the Bulls, Maroons and Broncos, they really haven't been dominating for as long as the Aussies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lol. I was thinking more about test cricket where Australia have been dominant for so long, I've kind of lost my passion for following them, it comes more now from individual performances.
:blink: Wow, heard you say stuff along those lines even 3 years ago, but never quite as far-gone as that.

Guess we need some levelling-off ASAP. Surely, though, you enjoyed the reversed fortunes in the most recent Test series?

Mister Wright

:blink: Wow, heard you say stuff along those lines even 3 years ago, but never quite as far-gone as that.

Guess we need some levelling-off ASAP. Surely, though, you enjoyed the reversed fortunes in the most recent Test series?
Cricket is my first love, and I fell in love with the game, not the team. Give me a competive match that Australia loses over a one-sided affair that Australia wins any day. Obviously I like Australia to win, but I prefer them to be challenged.

EDIT: This is my order of support (when it comes to International matches):

Matthew Hayden
Competitive cricket
Australia

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha. Man after my own heart in one way. Hayden at the bottom rather than the top for me though! :laugh:

I too much prefer competetive cricket than a flattening. England vs Bangladesh in 2005, for instance, was of virtually no interest at all to me.

Mister Wright

Haha. Man after my own heart in one way. Hayden at the bottom rather than the top for me though! :laugh:

I too much prefer competetive cricket than a flattening. England vs Bangladesh in 2005, for instance, was of virtually no interest at all to me.
Oh, there's still interst for me. I want to see Lee and co fail. I'm hoping with the recent departures that Australia will come back to the field and we can see some good test cricket involving Australia.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I was presuming the Test Matches would be played in Carins and Darwin, where they would most likely take AFL off the grounds one month before hand like they did for the Bangladesh and Sri Lankan series. Also with a likely 2-Test match series you could just have games at WACA and Adelaide Oval anyway. Maybe Bellerive Oval if they went for something different and three match series.
October is traditionally the wettest month in the south. November through to March is really the only time that you can play outside the tropics. And I'm pretty sure that by October the wet season nullifies cricket above Rockhampton.

Cairns and Darwin are only options during the "winter". From there, I guess whether they'll happen again is if Cricket Australia sees them as financially viable.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Too sensible I think - and it would help other teams because it is not so hot at that time of year in India (is it a coincidence that Australia's series win in 2004 and England's 1976-77 and 1984-85 wins there came at that time of year rather than March?) Mind you Dravid has got his wish for the Pakistan Tests this year - but it also means India are stuck with a warm up period for the tour of Australia that makes our preparation time for last year's Ashes look good.