• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Two high profile Black Caps to quit NZ Cricket

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Let's hope guys like McCullum or Patel haven't been drawn away from NZC for the big bucks overseas, I wouldn't be too worried if Craig McMillan or Andre Adams left our shores.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My money's on Sinclair and Adams
I doubt Sinclair would be one. He seems fairly dedicated to NZ cricket despite his rough treatment - and he also takes me as one who would see honour in playing first class cricket over some mickey mouse Twenty20 comp. Money talks though, I suppose.

Flem274*

123/5
They can have Martin if they want, I don't care. Same for Adams.

High profile stars tends to suggest that they are big names, I'll kill the stupid money men if it's Fleming or Bond.

Could be Chris Harris, he'd make an excellent 20/20 player.

Fiery

Banned
Haha I meant he'd make a top player in this comp they've got over there. Maybe even the best?
Yeah and he might as well get what he can from the game in his twilight years. Depends whether they have managed to lure younger more high profile guys to play in it I guess.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is always what worries me when we get these nonsense TV-company-run fad competitions.

There's always a chance of players being stolen from real cricket.

Fiery

Banned
Yeah, as if India need to make more money from cricket? Until I hear of any names, it's pretty mickey-mouse really

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
If it is Cairns and Astle it wouldn't surprise me. The history of rebel cricket (with the sole exception of Packer) is that it generally atracts either has beens in search of a last pay day, or those who aren't guarenteed a place in their country's XI anyway.Chris Harris would fit into that category too and maybe Jesse Ryder - one minute he wants to play for us, then he wants to play for NZ again - it's quite posible he'll change his mind AGAIN!!:laugh:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Interesting. I guess they want to bolster their wallets but IMO that doesn't phase me. Will be interesting to see how they go.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't care too much if the players involved are indeed Cairns and Astle, I don't think they had intentions of playing for Canterbury anymore so they can go play a few games in India and get some nice, easy cash.

Xuhaib

International Coach
If Astle plays then I would loose all the respect I have for him. I thought he left because he no longer had desire to play the game, by joining this league it shows he retired because he no had lost confidence in his abilities and was fearing that soon he would be shown the door.