Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aussie A tour of pakistan

International Vice-Captain

Aussie A tour of pakistan

In august /september wonder who will be in the squad.
    Haddin,tait,johnson hilfenhaus will be at the 20/20 tournament.
    So interesting who the new blood will be.
    Expect some old names tho.

Rogers and jaques to open.
    North,hussey,voges and cossie in the middle order and white.
    Hopes the allounder unless they give henriques a go.
    cullen and bailey.
    Ronchi or tim paine the wickie.
    Edmonsen,harwood,noffke,bollinger,maybe even a clinton mackay or andy griffith.
    Will be interesting how we go against pakistan A ,it was close last time.

Under 19's their at the same time too.

Isn't it Adam Griffiths?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dave Hussey miss out for a young "speculative" selection. Maybe Brendan Drew might get a guernsey.

Hasan Raza to dominate.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    Looms as a bit of an audition for two open test spots next summer. I dont think it'd be a terrible move to include Stuart MacGill, even though everyone knows what he offers his domestic record over the last couple of seasons has been....p*ss...and it'd be handy to see how he's travelling against good opposition before tossing him into Warne's role.
    Cullen Bailey will definately be there...as will Daniel Cullen who will hopefully never play test cricket for Australia.
    Cameron White will almost certainly be in the 20/20WC squad, I reckon he's one of the best half dozen 20/20 players in the land so he wont be in Pakistan, it might be worth a thought sending Watson to Pakistan with the A team, his game isnt spectacularly suited to 20/20 cricket (certainly less so than Whites) and it may be of more longterm benefit to have him auditioning for a test spot.
    Really hope they take Cosgrove aswell....even though he's fat and didnt score a mountain of runs last season he has all the talent in the world and I'd hate to see him go to waste or be written off for reasons other than cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Hasan Raza to dominate.
    Yeah, pretty much a given if Raza is selected. He scored a fair few runs against the last touring Australia A side and his record against touring teams or for Pakistan A is remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Yeah, pretty much a given if Raza is selected. He scored a fair few runs against the last touring Australia A side and his record against touring teams or for Pakistan A is remarkable.
    Looks worth a million $$$$ whenever he plays at that level almost Inzi-like but just seems to go in his shell whenever he gets invovlved in the real deal.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Looks worth a million $$$$ whenever he plays at that level almost Inzi-like but just seems to go in his shell whenever he gets invovlved in the real deal.
    Reminded me of me when he played against England in Multan.
    RIP Craigos

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    I'd love to see How Pak's new left handed opening batsman play against AUS and also its time to throw in all bowlers who cant make it to PAk team, like Irshad, Anwar, the LEftie opening bowler from U19WC and first cange bowler from U19WC.
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Hope they pick some young quicks harwood had his time i think,maybe noffke had his chance too.
    If not hussey either birt,marsh,thornley,bailey.
    Nah macgill can warm up in the summer would be a waste for him,but valuable for bailey and cullen,if a 3rd spinner goes maybe heal.
    Drew is at the aussie academy this year could be a good chance for him.
    Adam grffiths has been a hard worker of the years would be good to see him rewarded.

Jamshed Ahmed and Anwar Ali are almost certain to be picked.

Interestingly Wasim who organized a bowling camp last month wasn't very impressed by Anwar but was salivating on Jamshed the other bowlers who impressed him were Abdur Rauf and Mohd Irshaad.

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Jamshed Ahmed and Anwar Ali are almost certain to be picked.

Interestingly Wasim who organized a bowling camp last month wasn't very impressed by Anwar but was salivating on Jamshed the other bowlers who impressed him were Abdur Rauf and Mohd Irshaad.
    I was never too impress with Anwer, i saw him in WC semi against AUS and talking to my brother i told him that this guy will get eaten up by indians in final as he only bowls a big in dipper (atleast at that point watching a few over from him in semi) i didnt see any other variation. I told him that all Indians have to do is to make sure to cover the swing of the ball, put your front foot forward and smack him through the covers........Offcourse they were too poor to fell to this one trick poney......I liked the left armer who opened with Anwar and first change bowler alot, he looked quite like young Sami, quicky off the wicket, aggrasive, seemed to me to be more of a bowler than anwar

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    I was never too impress with Anwer, i saw him in WC semi against AUS and talking to my brother i told him that this guy will get eaten up by indians in final as he only bowls a big in dipper (atleast at that point watching a few over from him in semi) i didnt see any other variation. I told him that all Indians have to do is to make sure to cover the swing of the ball, put your front foot forward and smack him through the covers........Offcourse they were too poor to fell to this one trick poney......I liked the left armer who opened with Anwar and first change bowler alot, he looked quite like young Sami, quicky off the wicket, aggrasive, seemed to me to be more of a bowler than anwar

one was bad enough.

Xuhaib who is that in your avatar?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Obi Wan Kenobi I think.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post

Anwar Ali is hugely overrated by a lot of Pakistanis unfortinately. THe amount of swing he was getting in that u-19 final was definitely due to the very friendly conditions.....if people don't belive me, watch the u-19 semi between India and England u-19, Yomahesh and Nachim the Indian opening bowlers were swinging it like crazy....England didn't have a chance in hell of chasing down that total.

Like the look of Jamshed Ahmed and Akhtar Ayub though.....
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information