• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great News from Oman !!!!!

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Yaaaayyyyy, I've just got off the phone with my coach and he informed me that we are going to have a turf pitch to play on here in Oman very soon !!!!

Ok, Ok I know that really sounds silly, but if you ever played cricket here in Oman or even lived here you'd know that top-level cricket here is played(believe it or not) on cement pitches.

So for everyone here, this is absoulotely increadibly GREAT GREAT news....

Cricket in Oman has Long suffered from poor sponsorship as it is still not recognised by the GOYSCA ( General Organisation for Youth, Sport and Cultural Activities....I think)which sort of like a sports ministry.

So please excuse my over-excitement because I'm simply overjoyed by the news, once again : Yaaaaayyyyyyy

P.S: To Neil or any other mod: sorry but I think I got over excited and had to release it somewhere....I contemplated posting this in the off-topic board but then again this is related to cricket...many thanks and I won't mind if you delete this.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Neil: To tell you the truth it will really help the batsmen much more than the bowlers because we have a lot of naturally gifted bowlers who do well even against ODI affiliate countries like UAE, Nepal, Malaysia...etc but it has always been the batsmen who struggle because of the movement and uneven bounce( note: when playing on cement there is no movement off the pitch and the bounce is very very consistent )

Gotchya: So you see this is something to be enthused about.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Oh right... :)

It will give the younger faster bowlers more encouragement in the domestic levels though, right? :D

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
is there a curator in Oman to look after the pitch to a decent standard?

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
No you see providing a curator was never really a problem, the problem was and still is sponsonship.

Neil: I see what you are pointing at.... me being a young fast (well more like medium-fast) bowler...:duh:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
In the last few weeks I've turned into a Left Arm Med-Fast Glenn McGrath Type...got 4 Wickets in One Over for 1 Run...in a total of 2-0-8-4, all the balls were on the stumps other than one which went just past the off...just work out where your front leg will land and if you get it right the arm will follow and you will bowl straight...I've basically ripped off McGrath but I actually aim at the stumps :lol:

[Edited on 15/12/2002 by Rik]