• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 10-17 June

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Richard 35,000
andyc 14,000
steds 14,000
age_master 14,000
Matteh 11,000
Pratyush 11,000
Jamee999 9,000
Perm 9,000
James 9,000
Voltman 8,000
Adamc 6,000
archie mac 5,000
Fiery 5,000
PhoenixFire 5,000
Dasa 4,000
Josh 2,000
grecian 2,000
andmark 1,000
HeathDavisSpeed 500

The CW Awards Team

Prince EWS (Milestones & Jimmy Adams & Agarkar/Mohammed)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey & Inzamam & Saj & Sobers & Bradman)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh/Lillee)
Archie (Warne & Rana/Gatting)
HeathDavisSpeed (Skull? & FIAB)

Lots of changes in the team, and yet another new award, a good idea suggested by Richard. Feedback please:)

All awards nominations from members to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: no award this week (first time ever) :unsure:

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is James for this click here , I don’t think the boss reads this thread, but still a worthy winner this week

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: GeraintIsMyHero click here Well he did rather well in the end:ph34r:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Perm our newest staff addition Mr Zachary Ritchie. Congrats on both counts

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Turbinator click here. Special mention to Prince EWS forthis.

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: no award this week

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: viktor don't think he's ever won an Award before, but has been great value this week

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: haroon510 Afridi is king!

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
Manee slightly belated but well deserved nevertheless:happy:

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no awards this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week ((following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves:: And the Winner is: roseboy64 for this click here a fair spray

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: Anil for his prediction that Turbinator would get the Greigy click here.

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week) After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen. And the Winner is: Jamee999 for this click here Yes and it will rain in England

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week) Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?" And the Winner is: no award this week

The Martin Bicknell Award (a poster making a comeback after a massive gap). And the Winner is: iamdavid good to have him back

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: no award this week (first time ever) :unsure:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Was it that it simply wasn't possible to separate those candidates, Akhil? (That's adharcric I'm referring to, for clarity's sake :dry: ) Or were you about to give it to Manan (ss) and then thought "WTF? What am I thinking" and emergency-U-turned into a NA?
The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Pasag our newest Staff edition Mr Zachary Ritchie. Congrats on both counts:cool:
:laugh: Mr Zachary Gelman has actually been on the Staff for a little while now. :p Needs an edit here me thinks.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rob (Prince EWS) 'ud soon be straight in to fix that up if so.

(Someone Naughty that if you must)

adharcric

International Coach
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Was it that it simply wasn't possible to separate those candidates, Akhil? (That's adharcric I'm referring to, for clarity's sake :dry: ) Or were you about to give it to Manan (ss) and then thought "WTF? What am I thinking" and emergency-U-turned into a NA?
Originally, I had selected one of five candidates (HBH) but I rescinded that. I am changing my approach to set a higher standard for the Afridi.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting. In for the long-haul then.

I must say, though, and don't get me wrong, you're very much in charge of this Award and I'm certainly not telling you what to do, but... isn't the Afridi the best post of the week? At least, the way it's currently worded. It's fine to set a high standard, but if no-Awards are going to happen (I presume Sean was serious in saying it's the first time we've ever had a no-Award for tha [sic] Afridi) then the wording needs a slight tweak. Because it's impossible to have no best post of the week, unless there's 0 posts in a week.

Just a thought... :unsure::huh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nooooooooo! James, you edited it wrong! The Sobers was supposed to be awarded to Zac R not Zac G! :laugh: I evidently left too much room for doubt in my first reply. :wacko:

And I'd like to say, just to quell this confusion - congrats to Mr Zachary "Perm" Ritchie on his Staff Membership. :cool:

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've edited it for you Archie :)

Surprised that my thread got that that award - must have been a dry week. :blink:

adharcric

International Coach
Interesting. In for the long-haul then.

I must say, though, and don't get me wrong, you're very much in charge of this Award and I'm certainly not telling you what to do, but... isn't the Afridi the best post of the week? At least, the way it's currently worded. It's fine to set a high standard, but if no-Awards are going to happen (I presume Sean was serious in saying it's the first time we've ever had a no-Award for tha [sic] Afridi) then the wording needs a slight tweak. Because it's impossible to have no best post of the week, unless there's 0 posts in a week.

Just a thought... :unsure::huh:
Doesn't that apply to everything except for the AA/Dave and the Bicknell?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Doesn't that apply to everything except for the AA/Dave and the Bicknell?
Um... yeah, actually. :unsure::-O

Maybe we need to reword a few Award explanations, TBH.

EDIT: maybe I'm just being a bit fussy about not-much, actually.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nooooooooo! James, you edited it wrong! The Sobers was supposed to be awarded to Zac R not Zac G! :laugh: I evidently left too much room for doubt in my first reply. :wacko:

And I'd like to say, just to quell this confusion - congrats to Mr Zachary "Perm" Ritchie on his Staff Membership. :cool:
I've edited it for you Archie :)

Surprised that my thread got that that award - must have been a dry week. :blink:
:laugh: Oh dear.

Fixed up :D
Oh dear oh dear. Rob, you've just put it wrong again. :confused:

Too many Mods spoil the broth? :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Looks right to me. Let's just hope the next bright Mod who's so keen to help upon reading the first 2 posts doesn't make the same mistake that you and James both made... :mellow:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Oh deary me. Anyway, first ever award all because of Austin Richards Jr. If you don't know who he is, my post was even more justifiable.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Two awards in two weeks, now that I can get on board with. I try and be funny from time to time, and it's good that my 4,500 attempts at humour have resulted in two skulls in 15 months :laugh: