• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 10-17 June

Fiery

Banned
They did though - if you read the posts about the Afridi, there were around 7 contenders, however no award was given as none of the posts stood out above the other six. Surely that is feasible.
If you've got 7 to chose from and can't decide the winner then draw them from a hat. It makes a mockery of the awards seeing so many "no awards". Just my opinion

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you've got 7 to chose from and can't decide the winner then draw them from a hat. It makes a mockery of the awards seeing so many "no awards". Just my opinion
None were of a high enough quality. We don't settle for anything less than the best.

Perm

Ungrateful? I haven't received an award to be ungrateful about :huh:
Sean(archie mac) and the awards team put in a lot of hard work, your post seemed a little ungrateful considering how much they have to do every week.

Fiery

Banned
Sean(archie mac) and the awards team put in a lot of hard work, your post seemed a little ungrateful considering how much they have to do every week.
Yeah, OK I see your point there and I'm not ungrateful for that. archie does a great job but some of the guys are obviously letting the team down a bit

Perm

Yeah, OK I see your point there and I'm not ungrateful for that. archie does a great job but some of the guys are obviously letting the team down a bit
Note the "and the awards team" in my post.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If a post isn't truly the best post and there are seven equally deserving candidates, then I completely agree with the stance of not giving one out.

HeathDavisSpeed

I did note that, Note my "some of the guys"
I have only 3 caps for the current awards team. I made a solid debut, but have failed to perform to my potential in the last couple of weeks.

However, that doesn't mean that I wasn't down the nets every night of the week trying to put the ball on the right length. It wasn't my fault that the coach wasn't down the nets with me providing me with the sort of 'bizarre' advice I needed to perform at the weekly awards presentation.

Hope that's okay.

Fiery

Banned
I have only 3 caps for the current awards team. I made a solid debut, but have failed to perform to my potential in the last couple of weeks.

However, that doesn't mean that I wasn't down the nets every night of the week trying to put the ball on the right length. It wasn't my fault that the coach wasn't down the nets with me providing me with the sort of 'bizarre' advice I needed to perform at the weekly awards presentation.

Hope that's okay.
You are forgiven Heath

archie mac

International Coach
Why am I arguing about this?! :crybaby:
Not sure mate, we try and set a high standard for the awards every week, and this week a few were not awarded for lack of quality.

We would be more than happy to have your good self to join the awards team:)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes please mate, although I am not sure how much trouble it is to change:unsure:
Haha nah, it's no trouble at all - it's the same process as editing my own posts. I was just making a joke about the amount of times it has been edited by various people since it was posted.

Fiery

Banned
Not sure mate, we try and set a high standard for the awards every week, and this week a few were not awarded for lack of quality.

We would be more than happy to have your good self to join the awards team:)
I doubt whether I would be a popular choice with the moderators and staff tbh archie but I would be happy to

Last edited: