• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 10-17 June

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paranoid eh Heath :p I wasn't implying that at all. Just out of interest, do you think you bowled better when you were angry?
It could go one of two ways when Heath was angry. Either you'd be picking bits of the batsman's toenails out of the cricket ball at the drinks break, or you'd be picking bits of one of the slip fielder's nether regions out instead. Anger always got me to up the pace, but not always with the best results.

Mind you, probably the time I was most angry was in a club game. The batsman had hit me for 4 consectutive fours and I shot him an angry glance as the last one was a slice through the slips for four. I said nothing. He said, "You know the next one's going to the boundary too, mate". I turned round, picked up my bowling marker and remarked my run up another five yards longer. I ran in faster than ever, let loose a slower ball, he went for a booming cover drive and I sent middle and off cartwheeling out of the ground. I also got called up on a disciplinary for hurling abuse at him as he went off... Happy days.

Fiery

Banned
It could go one of two ways when Heath was angry. Either you'd be picking bits of the batsman's toenails out of the cricket ball at the drinks break, or you'd be picking bits of one of the slip fielder's nether regions out instead. Anger always got me to up the pace, but not always with the best results.

Mind you, probably the time I was most angry was in a club game. The batsman had hit me for 4 consectutive fours and I shot him an angry glance as the last one was a slice through the slips for four. I said nothing. He said, "You know the next one's going to the boundary too, mate". I turned round, picked up my bowling marker and remarked my run up another five yards longer. I ran in faster than ever, let loose a slower ball, he went for a booming cover drive and I sent middle and off cartwheeling out of the ground. I also got called up on a disciplinary for hurling abuse at him as he went off... Happy days.
And did you enjoy batting Heath?

HeathDavisSpeed

And did you enjoy batting Heath?
Batting depends largely on who is bowling to you and the associated risk of getting hurt. I have to say, I prefer inflicting bruises on other players rather than having bruises inflicted on my own person.

What about you Fiery? What about your cricketing heyday? What was your speciality?

Fiery

Banned
Batting depends largely on who is bowling to you and the associated risk of getting hurt. I have to say, I prefer inflicting bruises on other players rather than having bruises inflicted on my own person.

What about you Fiery? What about your cricketing heyday? What was your speciality?
I still play mate. Average player, never reached any great heights like yourself.. Only ever played socially since school but had a year playing for Takapuna with Chris Pringle. I open the batting and keep wickets sometimes and am known for my appalling conversion rate, have only ever scored 2 tons but loads of 50s....mind you have mainly played 40 over games and tend to be a bit over-aggressive and throw my wicket away most of the time these days. Have vowed to be slightly more careful this season.

HeathDavisSpeed

You played with Pringle, eh? Didn't do any ball tampering whilst playing for Takapuna did he? ;) You must have faced him in the nets. How did you fare against him?

Fiery

Banned
You played with Pringle, eh? Didn't do any ball tampering whilst playing for Takapuna did he? ;) You must have faced him in the nets. How did you fare against him?
He was the fastest I had faced when I was 18 and I was...let's say...slightly uncomfortable facing him in the nets as he didn't mind putting a few round the ears to his teammates, even more so than in games which pissed a few of us off a bit. Don't remember him tampering with the ball. Learnt that from the Pakistanis, didn't he?

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

He admitted ball tampering against the Pakistanis, as he said "to even up the score" as I recall. I think it was the 1990 series where he took 7 for in one innings. Least he had the guts to say what everyone else was thinking.

In other news, I just saw Robert Kennedy (not the US politician). Anyone remember him?

oz_fan

International Regular
Archie I'll get my awards to you tomorrow some time because I'm still trying to find some awardees.

HeathDavisSpeed

I'm really struggling to find a FIAB in cricket chat. Has anyone seen anything worthy of the award or do I have to declare 'no award' for the 3rd week in a row?

HELP!!!

:wacko:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cheers Richard. Only just saw your last post. Brain has failed to engage this morning, it seems. I think another coffee may be required. Possibly on intraveinous drip.