Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pakistan cricket continuous blunders

Pakistan cricket continuous blunders

Submitted by Rohit Bhandiye on Sat, 2007-06-16 16:24.
    Pakistan cricket team coaches Haroon Rashid and Aaqib Javed have said that the team management has shortlisted four players as the possible replacement of former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, who quit the One-day game after the World Cup in March.

Misbah-ul-Haq, Hasan Raza, Aasim Kamal and Faisal Iqbal are being considered to fill the place of Inzamam in the middle order.

"We have worked on the grey areas of the players and particularly flaws in their batting and fielding," The Nation quoted the two coaches, as saying while praising the ongoing training conditions at hill station Abbottabad.

"The trainers of Pakistan Military School of Physical Training are impressive and working on boys scientifically," said Javed.

"I want to see my team as no. two of the world at the end of this season and I believe this training will be a key to the process," he added.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it was so easy to produce a world class batsman by working on the Grey areas of a player's technique in a 10-15 day camp, then why not pick out some of the younger talent like Fawad Alam,Shaid Yousuf and Adnan Raza and look to groom them instead of working on mediocre tried and tested failures like Misbah, Raza, Iqbal.

Geez there must be hope for everybody if that is that easy. Won't go to work tomorrow and instead I will go and have a net or two.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Still for my money the sleeping giant of world cricket, and if they ever get their act together they may well become No.2 if not No.1
    You know it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    Still for my money the sleeping giant of world cricket, and if they ever get their act together they may well become No.2 if not No.1
    That might well be the case but how long have people been saying that? By the same token if South Africa stop playing political point scoring with these target players (Bosman being a prime example) and can find a half decent spinner then why not? Same for India if they can sort the mess out from top to bottom.

If they could every get Shoab, Asif & Gul on the pitch together I think they would have the best bowling attack in the world. However their batting is always likely to capitulate when the ball starts bouncing above waist height i.e. Australia, South Africa & England.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    That might well be the case but how long have people been saying that? By the same token if South Africa stop playing political point scoring with these target players (Bosman being a prime example) and can find a half decent spinner then why not? Same for India if they can sort the mess out from top to bottom.
    The target players that South Africa are having to pick doesn't actually affect the team a huge amount except when they have to choose guys like Loots Bosman and Monde Zondeki due to injuries to other players. Usually they can rely on Ashwell Prince, Jacques Kallis, Makhaya Ntini and Herschelle Gibbs as being classified "coloured" players. The spinning problem is a bit more serious than the selection debacle that Pakistan need to sort out and I feel that it would take a lot more work for either South Africa or India to be #2in the world than it would for Pakistan.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    If they could every get Shoab, Asif & Gul on the pitch together I think they would have the best bowling attack in the world. However their batting is always likely to capitulate when the ball starts bouncing above waist height i.e. Australia, South Africa & England.
    Shoaib Akhar, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul and Danish Kaneria is the best bowling attack in world cricket when all are fit IMO, but as you say their batting is a worry. Outisde the solid middle order of Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf they have some serious issues, especially with the openers slots.

hasan raza is a very good talent
    he just hasnt been used properly

Geez there must be hope for everybody if that is that easy. Won't go to work tomorrow and instead I will go and have a net or two.
    I am sure you will develop better then Faisal "I love to expose my leg stump" Iqbal.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    hasan raza is a very good talent
    he just hasnt been used properly
    He looks dire whenever he comes across someone quick.

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Submitted by Rohit Bhandiye on Sat, 2007-06-16 16:24.
    Pakistan cricket team coaches Haroon Rashid and Aaqib Javed have said that the team management has shortlisted four players as the possible replacement of former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, who quit the One-day game after the World Cup in March.

Misbah-ul-Haq, Hasan Raza, Aasim Kamal and Faisal Iqbal are being considered to fill the place of Inzamam in the middle order.

"We have worked on the grey areas of the players and particularly flaws in their batting and fielding," The Nation quoted the two coaches, as saying while praising the ongoing training conditions at hill station Abbottabad.

"The trainers of Pakistan Military School of Physical Training are impressive and working on boys scientifically," said Javed.

"I want to see my team as no. two of the world at the end of this season and I believe this training will be a key to the process," he added.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it was so easy to produce a world class batsman by working on the Grey areas of a player's technique in a 10-15 day camp, then why not pick out some of the younger talent like Fawad Alam,Shaid Yousuf and Adnan Raza and look to groom them instead of working on mediocre tried and tested failures like Misbah, Raza, Iqbal.

Add one ore to it, Salman Butt is announced as new VC
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    Add one ore to it, Salman Butt is announced as new VC
    TBF its a better choice then having Asif as a VC.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    The target players that South Africa are having to pick doesn't actually affect the team a huge amount except when they have to choose guys like Loots Bosman and Monde Zondeki due to injuries to other players. Usually they can rely on Ashwell Prince, Jacques Kallis, Makhaya Ntini and Herschelle Gibbs as being classified "coloured" players. The spinning problem is a bit more serious than the selection debacle that Pakistan need to sort out and I feel that it would take a lot more work for either South Africa or India to be #2in the world than it would for Pakistan.
    How long has Kallis been 'coloured' for?

Also have people forgotten Paul Harris, who has already helped South Africa win two test matches in his brief four test match career.
    Last edited by TT Boy; 17-06-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    One thing I have noticed is that Pakistan seem to produce much bigger (chest) fast bowlers than India (must be the region?) and also seem to have a number of good batsman.

I agree about SA but I can't see them fixing that soon, KP being an example that I think will be repeated before long

i think asim kamal would be picked....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information