• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan cricket continuous blunders

Xuhaib

International Coach
Submitted by Rohit Bhandiye on Sat, 2007-06-16 16:24.
Pakistan cricket team coaches Haroon Rashid and Aaqib Javed have said that the team management has shortlisted four players as the possible replacement of former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, who quit the One-day game after the World Cup in March.

Misbah-ul-Haq, Hasan Raza, Aasim Kamal and Faisal Iqbal are being considered to fill the place of Inzamam in the middle order.

"We have worked on the grey areas of the players and particularly flaws in their batting and fielding," The Nation quoted the two coaches, as saying while praising the ongoing training conditions at hill station Abbottabad.

"The trainers of Pakistan Military School of Physical Training are impressive and working on boys scientifically," said Javed.

"I want to see my team as no. two of the world at the end of this season and I believe this training will be a key to the process," he added.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it was so easy to produce a world class batsman by working on the Grey areas of a player's technique in a 10-15 day camp, then why not pick out some of the younger talent like Fawad Alam,Shaid Yousuf and Adnan Raza and look to groom them instead of working on mediocre tried and tested failures like Misbah, Raza, Iqbal.

Craig

World Traveller
Geez there must be hope for everybody if that is that easy. Won't go to work tomorrow and instead I will go and have a net or two.

archie mac

International Coach
Still for my money the sleeping giant of world cricket, and if they ever get their act together they may well become No.2 if not No.1

Craig

World Traveller
Still for my money the sleeping giant of world cricket, and if they ever get their act together they may well become No.2 if not No.1
That might well be the case but how long have people been saying that? By the same token if South Africa stop playing political point scoring with these target players (Bosman being a prime example) and can find a half decent spinner then why not? Same for India if they can sort the mess out from top to bottom.

chalky

International Debutant
If they could every get Shoab, Asif & Gul on the pitch together I think they would have the best bowling attack in the world. However their batting is always likely to capitulate when the ball starts bouncing above waist height i.e. Australia, South Africa & England.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That might well be the case but how long have people been saying that? By the same token if South Africa stop playing political point scoring with these target players (Bosman being a prime example) and can find a half decent spinner then why not? Same for India if they can sort the mess out from top to bottom.
The target players that South Africa are having to pick doesn't actually affect the team a huge amount except when they have to choose guys like Loots Bosman and Monde Zondeki due to injuries to other players. Usually they can rely on Ashwell Prince, Jacques Kallis, Makhaya Ntini and Herschelle Gibbs as being classified "coloured" players. The spinning problem is a bit more serious than the selection debacle that Pakistan need to sort out and I feel that it would take a lot more work for either South Africa or India to be #2in the world than it would for Pakistan.

Perm

If they could every get Shoab, Asif & Gul on the pitch together I think they would have the best bowling attack in the world. However their batting is always likely to capitulate when the ball starts bouncing above waist height i.e. Australia, South Africa & England.
Shoaib Akhar, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul and Danish Kaneria is the best bowling attack in world cricket when all are fit IMO, but as you say their batting is a worry. Outisde the solid middle order of Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf they have some serious issues, especially with the openers slots.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Geez there must be hope for everybody if that is that easy. Won't go to work tomorrow and instead I will go and have a net or two.
I am sure you will develop better then Faisal "I love to expose my leg stump" Iqbal.

Bouncer

State Regular
Submitted by Rohit Bhandiye on Sat, 2007-06-16 16:24.
Pakistan cricket team coaches Haroon Rashid and Aaqib Javed have said that the team management has shortlisted four players as the possible replacement of former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, who quit the One-day game after the World Cup in March.

Misbah-ul-Haq, Hasan Raza, Aasim Kamal and Faisal Iqbal are being considered to fill the place of Inzamam in the middle order.

"We have worked on the grey areas of the players and particularly flaws in their batting and fielding," The Nation quoted the two coaches, as saying while praising the ongoing training conditions at hill station Abbottabad.

"The trainers of Pakistan Military School of Physical Training are impressive and working on boys scientifically," said Javed.

"I want to see my team as no. two of the world at the end of this season and I believe this training will be a key to the process," he added.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it was so easy to produce a world class batsman by working on the Grey areas of a player's technique in a 10-15 day camp, then why not pick out some of the younger talent like Fawad Alam,Shaid Yousuf and Adnan Raza and look to groom them instead of working on mediocre tried and tested failures like Misbah, Raza, Iqbal.

Add one ore to it, Salman Butt is announced as new VC:-O

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The target players that South Africa are having to pick doesn't actually affect the team a huge amount except when they have to choose guys like Loots Bosman and Monde Zondeki due to injuries to other players. Usually they can rely on Ashwell Prince, Jacques Kallis, Makhaya Ntini and Herschelle Gibbs as being classified "coloured" players. The spinning problem is a bit more serious than the selection debacle that Pakistan need to sort out and I feel that it would take a lot more work for either South Africa or India to be #2in the world than it would for Pakistan.
How long has Kallis been 'coloured' for?

Also have people forgotten Paul Harris, who has already helped South Africa win two test matches in his brief four test match career.

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
One thing I have noticed is that Pakistan seem to produce much bigger (chest) fast bowlers than India (must be the region?) and also seem to have a number of good batsman.

I agree about SA but I can't see them fixing that soon, KP being an example that I think will be repeated before long:)

Perm

How long has Kallis been 'coloured' for?

Also have people forgotten Paul Harris, who has already helped South Africa win two test matches in his brief four test match career.
I always thought that Jacques Kallis, at a pinch, could fulfill one spot in the transformation quota. I haven't forgotten about Paul Harris, but the fact he isn't being picked on a regular basis counts against him.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I always thought that Jacques Kallis, at a pinch, could fulfill one spot in the transformation quota. I haven't forgotten about Paul Harris, but the fact he isn't being picked on a regular basis counts against him.
That's all well and good at a pinch but the crux of the matter is, Kallis is not ‘coloured’.

And in regard to Paul Harris, since debut Harris has played in every test match possible for South Africa…