• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan cricket continuous blunders

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's all well and good at a pinch but the crux of the matter is, Kallis is not ‘coloured’.

And in regard to Paul Harris, since debut Harris has played in every test match possible for South Africa…
That's right, but he can fulfill one of those spots if necessary, which he has done in the past I think.

My mistake then, I was getting ODI and Test cricket confused.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
That's right, but he can fulfill one of those spots if necessary, which he has done in the past I think.

I think your got your wires crossed mate, Kallis has never been classified as a quota for his not 'coloured'.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
That might well be the case but how long have people been saying that? By the same token if South Africa stop playing political point scoring with these target players (Bosman being a prime example) and can find a half decent spinner then why not? Same for India if they can sort the mess out from top to bottom.
Yeah gotta agree. Pakistan may have talent but as I've said plenty of times, talent by iteslf just doesn't gurantee success at top-level sport.
You've gotta have a quality system thru which that talent is funnelled, something that Pakistan and India both lack.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The target players that South Africa are having to pick doesn't actually affect the team a huge amount except when they have to choose guys like Loots Bosman and Monde Zondeki due to injuries to other players. Usually they can rely on Ashwell Prince, Jacques Kallis, Makhaya Ntini and Herschelle Gibbs as being classified "coloured" players. The spinning problem is a bit more serious than the selection debacle that Pakistan need to sort out and I feel that it would take a lot more work for either South Africa or India to be #2in the world than it would for Pakistan.
How long has Kallis been 'coloured' for?

Also have people forgotten Paul Harris, who has already helped South Africa win two test matches in his brief four test match career.
I always thought that Jacques Kallis, at a pinch, could fulfill one spot in the transformation quota. I haven't forgotten about Paul Harris, but the fact he isn't being picked on a regular basis counts against him.
That's all well and good at a pinch but the crux of the matter is, Kallis is not ‘coloured’.

And in regard to Paul Harris, since debut Harris has played in every test match possible for South Africa…

I think your got your wires crossed mate, Kallis has never been classified as a quota for his not 'coloured'.
What a bizzare group of posts. :blink:

Just to help clarify a few points

Jacques Kallis is white, always has been white and is unlikely to change colour anytime in the near future. He has never and will never be part of any target or quota.

Perm, Im not sure what you are getting at? I thought the 1st post was a slip that anyone could make but Im not sure what point you are trying to convey in your further posts as Ive no idea how you got the impression Kallis is coloured.

Yeah gotta agree. Pakistan may have talent but as I've said plenty of times, talent by iteslf just doesn't gurantee success at top-level sport.
You've gotta have a quality system thru which that talent is funnelled, something that Pakistan and India both lack.
yes...pakistan are very blunderous.

Perm

What a bizzare group of posts. :blink:

Just to help clarify a few points

Jacques Kallis is white, always has been white and is unlikely to change colour anytime in the near future. He has never and will never be part of any target or quota.

Perm, Im not sure what you are getting at? I thought the 1st post was a slip that anyone could make but Im not sure what point you are trying to convey in your further posts as Ive no idea how you got the impression Kallis is coloured.
I was convinced that I read an article a while ago about how Kallis had some black heritage (I can't think of the right word), but obviously I am mistaken.

Xuhaib

International Coach
http://www.dawn.com/2007/06/23/spt7.htm

Players oppose Salman’s elevation

By Mohammad Yaqoob

LAHORE, June 22: A revolt-like situation is looming over naming opener Salman Butt national team’s vice-captain as some cricketers under Shahid Afridi are to meet the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Dr Nasim Ashraf in Islamabad, most probably on Saturday.

Reliable sources and some players confirmed to Dawn that some of the squad members were demanding a senior player to be appointed as Shoaib Malik’s deputy.

“A group of six players will travel from Abbottabad to meet the PCB chief in Islamabad in the afternoon to express their viewpoint against the decision to select Salman.

“They have also complained about the PCB officials, especially Director Cricket Operations Zakir Khan, for the unnecessary interference in the players’ affairs,” sources said.

Salman was appointed as the vice-captain in place of Mohammad Asif on Sunday in Bhurban by the PCB ad hoc committee.

The team members have also complained about manager Talat Ali, claiming that he had unnecessarily created a controversy when he asked Afridi to leave the seat of vice-captain (Salman) in the coaster in which the players were coming from the training camp to the hotel.

In fact, Salman, while regarding Afridi a senior player, had voluntarily vacated the seat for him. However, later Afridi and Talat exchanged hot words, the sources said.

Sources added the PCB Chief Operating Officer Shafqat Naghmi had also visited the camp on Thursday before leaving for London soon after hearing about the unrest among the cricketers.

He tried to sort out the matter but it seems he could not achieve desired results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was expected tbh.

Perm

I didn't think Afridi would sink this low, mind you he probably has the fan following to feel as though he'd be a decent vice-captain.