• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hail Pidge

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Gambhir is so completely not > Chopra. Jaffer, maybe. Gambhir is one of the worst openers we can have, especially in a place like England, while Chopra is one of the best. I dont see any way in hell he can succeed.

adharcric

International Coach
Gambhir vs Chopra is a pathetic debate considering they were both screwed over by selectors just as they were looking good (Gambhir while trying to make a comeback, Chopra while still in the side).

Here is an interesting statistic (BD, ZIM excluded for Gambhir); Chopra definitely has seen off the new ball relatively well.

On average, Gambhir has scored 28 (47). Meanwhile, Chopra has scored 23 (66).

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Gambhir vs Chopra is a pathetic debate considering they were both screwed over by selectors just as they were looking good (Gambhir while trying to make a comeback, Chopra while still in the side).

Here is an interesting statistic (BD, ZIM excluded for Gambhir); Chopra definitely has seen off the new ball relatively well.

On average, Gambhir has scored 28 (47). Meanwhile, Chopra has scored 23 (66).
Chopra was dropped after a string of poor performances, the only time he ever scored runs albeit long and arduously was when New Zealand’s Daryl Tuffey and Ian Butler were in town or when Australia were given Nathan Bracken and Stuart 'Brad' Williams a cricket ball. Screwed is little bit exaggerated in Chopra’s case.

Aakash's last six test innings- 4, 5, 0, 5, 9, 1. He was hardly looking 'good'.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Chopra was dropped after a string of poor performances, the only time he ever scored runs albeit long and arduously was when New Zealand’s Daryl Tuffey and Ian Butler were in town or when Australia were given Nathan Bracken and Stuart 'Brad' Williams a cricket ball. Screwed is little bit exaggerated in Chopra’s case.

Aakash's last six test innings- 4, 5, 0, 5, 9, 1. He was hardly looking 'good'.
Chopra was dropped for Yuvraj. Some say that shook up his confidence. My sympathy was directed more towards Gambhir, who should have been brought back a long time ago.

Last edited:

Laurrz

International Debutant
I was actually thinking about how much SS would love this thread before Xuhaib posted. Chopra writing an article about how good McGrath is would be enough to make him shead a tear of joy - let alone someone starting a thread about it called "Hail Pidge" with the opening post calling Chopra a pretty good opener.
hey i didnt call him an all time great

just 'pretty good'

he was a good foil for Sehwag when sehwag was at his best... definately

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Nice tribute. What is more remarkable is his form when leaving. Still the best.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I was actually thinking about how much SS would love this thread before Xuhaib posted. Chopra writing an article about how good McGrath is would be enough to make him shead a tear of joy - let alone someone starting a thread about it called "Hail Pidge" with the opening post calling Chopra a pretty good opener.
You know me too well.