3 8.57%
  • Bracken

5 14.29%
  • Tait

19 54.29%
  • Other - name

8 22.86%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee, Clark..who should be our third fast bowler?

International Debutant

Lee, Clark..who should be our third fast bowler?

There are quite a few options

I like Hilfy.. but is it too early to put him in with guys like Bracken? Tait?

I dont think Johnson is ready yet at all.. but he'll be for the future

Which would provide the best balance? Bracken would be good with his left arm swing, and especially for the first test of the summer which is against Lanka at the Gabba (has a good record against lanka..albeit in ODI's.. and has swung it heaps in the past at the gabba)

Hilfy would give us a genuine right arm swinger.. which is great, i love the workhorse type of bowler, similar to Hoggard or Kasprowicz

Tait and Lee in the same side? with Lee coming from injury? i dont think so..

thoughts?

Johnson for mine. He struggles with the white ball at times as we've seen, but his first class record over the last few years has been good and he is much better in the first class bowling state of mind with the first class fields. I don't know why he isn't on the poll either - you even mentioned him in your post!
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Debutant
    yea i'll go edit, i jsut didnt think he'd be a realistic option..guess i was wrong

Edit: ok i cant edit polls i just learnt

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Jason Gillespie.

We all know it ain't that likely, tho, sadly.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Debutant
    i miss Dizzy too much he was suppose to lead us when McGrath retired

Tait, him & Lee in the same size is an irresistable idea. International batsmen have problems.

Banned

Icon8

I give a dam abt who will be Aus 3rd seamer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    I don't want to see Nathan Bracken in the Australian Test team as he just isn't good enough. He has done a fine job for the ODI outfit for a couple of years now, but as a Test bowler he will not be effective unless conditions suit for the whole time he is bowling which is unlikely. Shaun Tait has been tearing it up for South Australia and wouldn't be a bad bet, but with Brett Lee coming back from injury I wouldn't pick him in my Test side as he could prove to be a liability with his inconsistency. Couple that with Lee not being 100% and you have a recipe for disaster.

I don't really think Hilfenhaus is in the picture at the moment. He is young and has plenty of ability as he demonstrated last year with Tasmania (leading wicket taker IIRC) and will need to continue plying his trade for his state, perhaps pick up a county contract next year and just keep bowling. Mitchell Johnson would be my pick, he has struggled with the white ball in ODI cricket as Prince EWS mentioned but he has the tools to be a very good Test bowler. The fact he is a left armer adds a lot of variety to the bowling attack and I would pick him if I was selecting the side.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Tait will get the job, whether he deserves to be there or not is another thing. I'd personally like to see Johnson or Hilfenhaus lining up against SL and India, tbh. Quite excited about those two.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by itduzz View Post
    I give a dam abt who will be Aus 3rd seamer
    Why the angry face then? If you give a "dam" then this thread should fulfill your needs really.

Oh and public polls ftw.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Doug Bollinger.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Mitchell Johnson. He's a left-armer, so he adds a little variety, and imo after Stuart Clark, he's been the form bowler in the Pura-Cup. That said, i'd say Tait will more than likely get the job based on his performances in the World Cup, which imo, is the wrong decision. I've always said it, and will continue to say it, having Brett Lee & Shaun Tait in the same team, test or ODI, just won't work unless you have 2 great bowlers such as Warne & McGrath to back them up. We don't have Warne & McGrath anymore, and with Lee known to take some stick, as is Macgill (who i'd imagine will be the spinner), playing Tait would only make the bowling lineup look more fragile when up against a good batting side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Probably Tait will get first shot... but I'm sure it'll depend how all the contenders start off the season. Tait, Lee, Clark, MacGill has three bowlers who can be quite expensive so I'm not sure...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Probably Tait will get first shot... but I'm sure it'll depend how all the contenders start off the season. Tait, Lee, Clark, MacGill has three bowlers who can be quite expensive so I'm not sure...
    If Clark's ODI record is anything to go by then he could go for a few if put under pressure.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information