• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lee, Clark..who should be our third fast bowler?

Who will fill in the boots of Pigeon

• Hilfenhaus

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Bracken

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Tait

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Other - name

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

gunner

U19 Cricketer
having 1 tearaway bowler is enough so i dont think lee and tait would play in the same team
i actually expect 1 of kaspa or gillespie to come back into the test team

howardj

International Coach
Tait, by virtue of his WC exploits, will get first crack.

Hilfenhaus is an absolute gun though and will take 200+ Test wickets.

howardj

International Coach
having 1 tearaway bowler is enough so i dont think lee and tait would play in the same team
i actually expect 1 of kaspa or gillespie to come back into the test team
Kasp - recalled more times than a Daihatsu. He won't be back again though. I wouldn't rule out Gillespie however.

Flem274*

123/5

You cannot know that for sure. He may look promising sure but you never know what will happen at international level and if they actually come through with their talent. Look at all the cricketers that people said will be greats and weren't.

howardj

International Coach
You cannot know that for sure. He may look promising sure but you never know what will happen at international level and if they actually come through with their talent. Look at all the cricketers that people said will be greats and weren't.
For sure mate. It's just my opinion.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
How old is Kasprowicz?

Nicholson will turn 33 this year.
Gillespie's not long turned 32.
Lee turns 31 soonish.
Inness turned 29.
Magoffin will turn 28.
Paul Rofe has turned 26 (plenty of experience with 65 first class matches...).
Johnson will turn 26.
Hilfenhaus turned 24.
Tait has turned 24.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Rofe is just a less accurate Clark really. Don't rate him, however I didn't rate Clark either and he seems to be turning out rather good, so perhaps he's better than I think. Adam Griffith is in the same boat - very similar bowler.

adharcric

International Coach
Johnson deserves it more than anyone else. Hilfenhaus has a strong case but an attack of Lee, Clark and Hilfenhaus could fall flat at this stage. Tait will probably get the first opportunity and watching Lee and Tait operate in tandem certainly seems like an exciting prospect.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nicholson would be getting too old (at 32, yeah) even though Clark was called up so late. If Clark was say, 27, I could see them perhaps taking a punt with Nicholson. As it stands, Brett Lee is about 31 so that would make the attack an "old one" with a short term view of Australia's test bowling future.
Doesn't seem like yesterday he was just a young kid making his Test debut. :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Pretty certain you'd be right about the first part, and am increasingly thinking along the lines of the second, too.

Laurrz

International Debutant
wow surprised to see Hilfy only has 2 votes

he is an absolute star.. took a crazy amount of wickets in first class..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, if you said to me "who looks the better prospect, Tait or Hilfenhaus" I'd say Hilfenhaus. But if you asked me "who's highest in the pecking-order for the last Test berth this December"... Tait every time.

And I think quite a few people might not know for certain exactly what was asked here...

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah "Who will be our third fast bowler" and "Who should be our third fast bowler" are two seperate questions.

Laurrz

International Debutant
god dammit!!

my bad,... you guys are right

it should be.. who.. SHOULD fill in the boots of pigeon......

wish i could edit..blah

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, people have picked so many holes in that poll. No Johnson, private voting, question worded poorly - you name it. Not even us new mods can edit it though.