• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 v ODI

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

gunner

U19 Cricketer
dont really like 20/20

as a domestic game its fun but it has no place in international cricket

cover drive man

International Captain
Like I've said many times twenty twenty is a small sideshow but I think it is starting to develop. If I'm not mistaken the one day international cricket was also brought in to make the game more exciting although test cricket is good anyway. Twenty twenty is starting to develop into a individual game while One day internationals remain individual. I think they are both entertaining but cannot match up to its "Father" Test cricket I cant choose between them so it has to be a draw so I vote tandori chicken. Not because I want to have a good laugh but to signify that twenty twenty cricket and one day international cricket are the same. But for the best quality cricket it just has to be test.

Last edited:

Piper

International Captain
I like both Twenty 20 and ODI's but I think ODI's are better just because there's more cricket and there is more of a chance of changing the outcome of match than 20/20

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
dont really like 20/20

as a domestic game its fun but it has no place in international cricket
iv never really tought of it this way but that does make sence!!!
it is god domesticaly but i dont see much point to 20/20 internationaly!!!

pup11

International Coach
I like both forms of the game but i definitely prefer odi cricket over Twenty20. But the ideal combination for me is to have Tandoori chicken while watching a good game of odi cricket.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I like both forms of the game but i definitely prefer odi cricket over Twenty20. But the ideal combination for me is to have Tandoori chicken while watching a good game of odi cricket.
Yes, great plan :D

Good to see you online btw pup11, a few of us were talking in OT earlier about how we hadn't seen you for a while

Isura

U19 Captain
I prefer ODIs. Except for big matches, I watch cricket to enjoy my favorite players rather than the team. I think that ODIs give the good players a better chance to showcase their talents. I find this more rewarding than having an exciting finish (exception being the big matches like the world cup).

pup11

International Coach
I don't have anything against Twenty20 as i think its good fun to watch and it creates a carnival atmosphere in the ground, but if Twenty20 starts to overshadow the number of odi and test matches being played in an year then i would certainly have a problem with Twenty20.