• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Criticising Tendulkar the in thing

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope. Actually his innings today was pretty slow esp the first 50, where his strike rate was about 50. Not trying to criticize him but just pointing out the facts.
I just stated fact. I never said whether the justification was just ;)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tbh, I don't have a problem with the way he started or finished his innings yesterday.

But he was 35 off 55 at one point and then he crawled to 50 off 95. I thought that was a little inexplicable, given that it was the middle overs and even the powerplays were off.

But the most perplexing thing abt the game yesterday was Dravid seeing Yuvraj as a better bowling bet than Sachin.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Haven't read the last few pages of the discussion but would like to make one point. Playing slower in tests, curtailing risks isn't bad if you can score more runs. While strike rate's importance has increased in modern day test cricket, making more runs is still the more vital aspect of test cricket more often than not. Players change their styles over the years. That does not necessarily mean that they will contribute less.
More runs is definitely better but the priorities scale depending on opposition. For example, I would have taken Tendulkar's century against Australia or England because the opposition is of a far higher caliber. Tendulkar has been the one batsman over the last few years who has given enormous amounts of respect to rookies and minnows. Of course they deserve respect, but it seems he goes out of his way to go into his shell.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Tendulkar doesn't need to proven anything to anyone at this stage of his career he has achieved everything a batsman can possibly dream of achieving through their career.
Well, he does have to prove that he is still good enough for the national team. His experience is definitely very useful but if he's still one of the best in the country will come to light in England.