• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India 2007\08 itinerary unveiled

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
May well get up at 6 or so to watch a bit of the India-Australia series. Huge season for India.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Presuming that Sky are showing it, of course, which with the recent contractual wrangling I'm not sure of the situation over.

R_D

International Debutant
Thats cool... might go to second test in Kolkatta now.. if i can get the tickets.
Was planning to stay back for the boxing day test in aus but i think i'll take the Pak Vs ind test match at Eden Gardens anyday.

howardj

International Coach
lol They're in Australia for just 1.5 weeks before the start of the Test series. Clearly, they have learnt nothing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No-one has learnt anything in that respect. It's utterly ridiculous. 1.5 weeks! That's barely long enough to get over the jetlag. :mellow:

R_D

International Debutant
lol They're in Australia for just 1.5 weeks before the start of the Test series. Clearly, they have learnt nothing.
only thing board cares about is money... winning or losing doesn't matter to them.
India lose or win.. they'll still be getting **** loads of money from sponsers.... who cares about the fans or cricket for that matter.
I wouldn't be suprised if half the team is injured by the time they get to aus....they are playing ridiculous amount of cricket within next 6 months. Good chance of india losing every single match in aus including ODI's :p

adharcric

International Coach
only thing board cares about is money... winning or losing doesn't matter to them.
India lose or win.. they'll still be getting **** loads of money from sponsers.... who cares about the fans or cricket for that matter.
I wouldn't be suprised if half the team is injured by the time they get to aus....they are playing ridiculous amount of cricket within next 6 months. Good chance of india losing every single match in aus including ODI's :p
There is a strong chance that they will rotate a large pool of players during the ****load of one-day matches coming up. For players such as Gambhir, Kaif, Badrinath, Tiwary, Sharma, Powar, Chawla, etc who will have a tough time making the test side at the moment, this should present an excellent opportunity to stay in the mix and develop. Of course, the BCCI will probably screw things up somehow.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
One thing that interests me about India is that they are going to England without a coach, a leading spin bowler, or Sehwag :laugh:

Guess, like Zimbabwe, it saves them a bit of cash.. Nice one :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
If the players don't like it or it seems too demanding for them, why not say something? I mean would the BCCI hire goons to break their legs as a result? I highly doubt it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If the players don't like it or it seems too demanding for them, why not say something? I mean would the BCCI hire goons to break their legs as a result? I highly doubt it.
TBF, they have. Several times. But nothing's been done about 't. In fact, no, something has - it's been made even worse. 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, now there'd be interesting...

TBH, I presume it's written in their contracts that they have to have some sort of fitness reason for pulling-out.

R_D

International Debutant
hey could one of you guys living in india tell me how i go about getting a ticket.... obviousally they wouldn't be available right now but is there a online booking place or would just have to lineup outside the ground on the day of test ?

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
hey could one of you guys living in india tell me how i go about getting a ticket.... obviousally they wouldn't be available right now but is there a online booking place or would just have to lineup outside the ground on the day of test ?
For a match in India? From my (limited) experience, they sell it at the grounds at the day (subject to availability) but the best way to get decent seats is to get invited by someone who has 'connections'. ;) Otherwise, lots of sports clubs sell tickets. Nothing online as far as I'm aware, though.