• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone bothered about the Afro-Asia Cup?

fuelmyblog

Cricket Spectator
Sorry I understand why, looks like I am spamming!

I tried to add link but it seems one can't here, any tips on how to share interesting information?

Last edited:

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
on sunday morning i couldn't catch the video action from the Old Trafford Test, but had plenty of options to watch the Afro-Asian.
i tuned in a little, seen Dhoni without a helmet and a bowler making some sadly bored launches... and i tuned off.
no comparison between that and the intensity of the Test match.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh, no, PLEASE don't let McPinch read this post...
Haha, good spot. Not a bad song IMO.

Anyway I kept a bit of an eye on the Afro-Asia Cup, mainly to keep track of individual players as I couldn't care less about the result. I can see where all the dissatisfaction is coming from though.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well someone must be interested, otherwise the TV companies wouldn't have purchased the rights... And the crowds are good too right?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, good spot. Not a bad song IMO.

Anyway I kept a bit of an eye on the Afro-Asia Cup, mainly to keep track of individual players as I couldn't care less about the result. I can see where all the dissatisfaction is coming from though.
Yeah, I agree with this post. The results were of no consequence, but it's a good opportunity for the likes of Sibanda to get noticed playing with stronger peers, and also the likes of Morkel to show his stuff and press for further selection, so I had a look at the scorecards. However, I do not see the real point of the series at all, especially given the strongest sides aren't selected anyway due to various reasons. Wouldn't care if they scrapped it, but I don't particularly care if they keep it either and I will check the results if it continues.

Echoing the statements of those who said they'd watch it on TV if it was on too - however I'd watch Masvingo under 9s take on Matabeland under 9s if it was on really so it's a moot point.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Echoing the statements of those who said they'd watch it on TV if it was on too - however I'd watch Masvingo under 9s take on Matabeland under 9s if it was on really so it's a moot point.
That was a Craigos-worthy comment, that, it really was. :)

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
I think the main point of the series was to showcase a few individuals and to raise money for the ACC and AFC and spreading the game in their respective continents. It was never intended to be a series such as between two countries.