• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 3-10 June

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, there were no Milestones! :wallbash::laugh: Just Aseem (Turb) got put in because he made a fuss.

We'll have a full Milestones list next week.

pasag

RTDAS
I've just sent in this weeks awards and I think they'll be the last I do. I'd like to step down from the panel for a couple of reasons that I don't want to get into in detail, the very main one was I used to look forward to them the whole week but now that I'm involved the suspense is ruined a little.

I'd like to recommend HeathDavisSpeed to be in charge of the skull (activity may be an issue though) and for Prince to take over the Bradman and AA.

Apologies for any inconveniences caused and a big thank you to Archie for all the work you put in and the opportunity to be on the panel. This is certainly one of my favourite aspects of the site and I hope it goes from strength to strength.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've just sent in this weeks awards and I think they'll be the last I do. I'd like to step down from the panel for a couple of reasons that I don't want to get into in detail, the very main one was I used to look forward to them the whole week but now that I'm involved the suspense is ruined a little.

I'd like to recommend HeathDavisSpeed to be in charge of the skull (activity may be an issue though) and for Prince to take over the Bradman and AA.

Apologies for any inconveniences caused and a big thank you to Archie for all the work you put in and the opportunity to be on the panel. This is certainly one of my favourite aspects of the site and I hope it goes from strength to strength.
Disappointed you are leaving the team mate, but it is understandable. You've done a great job, thanks.

adharcric

International Coach

:blink:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, what Akhil said ^^^^^^.

Really caught me by surprise, TBH, but it's your go.

If Rob's happy to take-up those Awards he'd certainly be my first-choice too.

HDS being in charge of the Skull presents a few difficulties, though - it takes him out of the equation which leaves us with not much left...

I hope you'll still be happy to fill your old position of reserve Panel-member?

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
Yeah, what Akhil said. Really caught me by surprise, TBH, but it's your go.

If Rob's happy to take-up those Awards he'd certainly be my first-choice too.

HDS being in charge of the Skull presents a few difficulties, though - it takes him out of the equation which leaves us with not much left...

I hope you'll still be happy to fill your old position of reserve Panel-member?
a) Who is Akhil?
b) Why would excluding HDS mean there is not much left? Are you inferring that no one else on the website is capable of funny posts, or is this just a thinly veiled dig at Voltman?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Akhil = adharcric. Strictly speaking it's ADharCric but I think the former looks better. Akhil Dhar is his name.

HDS, if not the Skull-picker, would quite clearly win rather a lot of Skulls. That was all. Why the hell would it have been a comment on Voltman?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyway, like others, a bit shocked that pasag is leaving the team, but I can certainly see where he's coming from. Personally I think whoever picks the Sobers (Richard at this stage) should pick the Bradman as they are similar awards in principle - just given out less readily. Richard showed this last week by not awarding the Sobers to someone purely on the basis that he thought they'd get the Bradman. Makes sense for both awards to be given out by the one person IMO, to ensure this sort of consistency between them.

If Richard thinks he has too much on his plate awards wise though, I'd certainly be happy to select it every week.

I accept the position of the AA-awarder.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, I see what you're getting at. I'd be happy enough to take on the Bradman - my stance on it is that it should be an Award given out only very rarely - for instance, Tharmi a few weeks ago when he and pup11 were about the only ones to post with any remote regularity (apart from myself) - so it'd not be a difficult thing to take it on.

I wasn't unhappy with someone else judging it when I had the Sobers, though - although it's perhaps revealing that Marc at one stage thought I'd been given the Bradman when I'd just started judging Sobers' and Boycs'.

Anyway - up to Sean obviously (no, I'm not going to bother putting his posting-ID in brackets - those reading this post that matter know who he is, sorry if that sounds blunt, but every post doesn't have to be exactly decodable to the entire rest of the forum) and if he's happy to give it to me I'll take it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm sure only a handful of few people on the site know him as Akhil. Another example of why Richard consistantly using real names sucks tbh
Those few, however, number all the Panel and as such everyone on the Panel would have known who I was talking about. And it's not essential for those not to know, really.

Fiery

Banned
HDS, if not the Skull-picker, would quite clearly win rather a lot of Skulls. That was all. Why the hell would it have been a comment on Voltman?
All the more reason to have him judging it. He's obviously a funny guy so it would be a shame if he won it too often and given his sense of humour he would be a good judge. With regards to Voltman, you know what I mean, it's quite obvious you wont be sending each other Christmas cards :dry:

Fiery

Banned
Those few, however, number all the Panel and as such everyone on the Panel would have known who I was talking about. And it's not essential for those not to know, really.
bull****, is "the Panel" more important then the general population of the website? It's rude to people who don't know quite frankly

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All the more reason to have him judging it. He's obviously a funny guy so it would be a shame if he won it too often and given his sense of humour he would be a good judge.
He would, but it'd also mean a hell of a lot of his posts that would otherwise be winning would be overlooked. The Skull isn't an Award that gets monotonous - if the same person's winning it week after week IMO that's pretty good. Not that it's ever happened yet.
With regards to Voltman, you know what I mean, it's quite obvious you wont be sending each other Christmas cards :dry:
Indeed I won't. I can't stand the guy. Doesn't mean that comment had anything to do with him, though.