• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

25 and under vs 35 and older, who wins?

pskov

International 12th Man
Youngsters versus old stagers.

Up and Comers

Alistair Cook
Upul Tharanga
Ian Bell*
AB de Villiers
Imran Farhat
Dwayne Bravo
Mahendra Singh Dhoni+
Lasith Malinga
Monty Panesar
Mohammed Asif
Shaun Tait

Golden Oldies

Matthew Hayden
Justin Langer
Marvan Atapattu
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Mark Ramprakash
Sanath Jayasuriya*
Adam Gilchrist+
Andy Bichel
Anil Kumble
Michael Kasprowicz
Muttiah Muralitharan

I really struggled to find any decent pace bowlers for the over 35 team, hence two blasts from the past from Oz (Andy Caddick was next on the list!). Conversely bowlers were not a problem for the young team, but finding another batsman was with Imran Farhat and Hasim Amla fighting it out for the final spot in the middle order, not exactly a great choice.

Anyone I've missed out? I think I'd take the yougsters in this but only just. If it's a quick pacy pitch their fast bowling would be a sure handful. The oldies team better hope for a dustbowl, their first change seamer is Hayden!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If you're going to include Langer, you might as well include McGrath & Warne, which would even things up a bit. Gough's still around btw, and available for selection so long as the game won't be played in the subcontinent.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Langer's retired from international cricket, hasn't he? You could push up Jayasuriya to open tho & bring in Lehmann or Hick (who I don't think have yet).

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Allan Donald still looked pretty useful warming up with Harmison this morning.

Failing that, Dominic Cork's still around as well.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
salman butt instead of farhat as farhat is over 25

and dhoni is 26 so would put akmal in there as hes only 24

pskov

International 12th Man
Langer is still playing first-class cricket which is why I included him and not McGrath. Although I had a brain fart regarding Warne, who is of course also still playing first-class cricket, so I guess to be consistent it is either both or neither so it will be neither. Lehmann in and Jayasuriya up to open as suggested by the ever so kind Brumby. :)

Didn't realise that Cork was older than 35, so he's in the team for Bichel.

Dhoni is most certainly still 25, at least until the 7th of July, and Farhat only turned 25 on the 20th of May so not sure where you're getting your info from there gunner.

Last edited: