• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Apply to be the national coach of Pakistan!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Job posting here.

I know I am late, but we are usually forgiving about such things in the subcontinent. So I just attached my resume, and sent it with this note:

"Mr. Zahir Khan,

I am responding to the opening posted on your web site for the position of the National Coach. I am very flexible in terms of my conditions for employment, and would very much like to lead Pakistan out of its troubled state. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
Manan Shah"

So, what are my chances? :unsure:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Job posting here.

I know I am late, but we are usually forgiving about such things in the subcontinent. So I just attached my resume, and sent it with this note:

"Mr. Zahir Khan,

I am responding to the opening posted on your web site for the position of the National Coach. I am very flexible in terms of my conditions for employment, and would very much like to lead Pakistan out of its troubled state. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
Manan Shah"

Rejected.Director is Zakir Khan, not Zahir Khan. ;)

cover drive man

International Captain
Job posting here.

"Mr. Zahir Khan,

Respectfully,
Manan Shah"

Well I dont want to be unfriendly so I'll just say good luck.

Fusion

Global Moderator
The successful application will be required to demonstrate:
• Strong interpersonal skills to develop and sustain cohesive team structures

I don't think you'll work out as you're likely to shoot anyone who refuses to become a fast bowler (even the batsmen).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, lets have a look...

• Experience in leading, motivating, mentoring, educating and influencing within a team environment.
Check. Teaching 11 year olds clearly fits that bill.

• Exceptional communication and man-management skills
Check. No death threats in five years of moderating CW.

Check. Not only am I teaching but I'm running three colts teams, assisting with four others, running an adult team and playing for three other adult sides this summer.

• A strong understanding of modern sports coaching techniques
Check. I can spell biomechanics and kinaesthetic.

• A commitment to success
Check. Unbeaten as a representative coach with East Devon.

• Must have played professional cricket (at least 1st class)
Ah, dammit. Do you think the D Division East of the Devon Cricket League counts. I suppose I have played on the same side as three first-class players...

• Should preferably be an ECB Level III Qualified Coach or equivalent from another country.
Almost. ECB Level II + multiple development workshops.

• Must possess good computer knowledge.
Check. I think writing multiple pieces of software counts.

I'm actually surprisingly close to being a "suitable" candidate for this job. Perversely, I'm far more qualified for this than for the last one I applied for, for which I met 0/4 of the first person specifications. I got that one...

cover drive man

International Captain
Right, lets have a look...

• Experience in leading, motivating, mentoring, educating and influencing within a team environment.
Check. Teaching 11 year olds clearly fits that bill.

• Exceptional communication and man-management skills
Check. No death threats in five years of moderating CW.

Check. Not only am I teaching but I'm running three colts teams, assisting with four others, running an adult team and playing for three other adult sides this summer.

• A strong understanding of modern sports coaching techniques
Check. I can spell biomechanics and kinaesthetic.

• A commitment to success
Check. Unbeaten as a representative coach with East Devon.

• Must have played professional cricket (at least 1st class)
Ah, dammit. Do you think the D Division East of the Devon Cricket League counts. I suppose I have played on the same side as three first-class players...

• Should preferably be an ECB Level III Qualified Coach or equivalent from another country.
Almost. ECB Level II + multiple development workshops.

• Must possess good computer knowledge.
Check. I think writing multiple pieces of software counts.

I'm actually surprisingly close to being a "suitable" candidate for this job. Perversely, I'm far more qualified for this than for the last one I applied for, for which I met 0/4 of the first person specifications. I got that one...
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you Neil I needed a good laugh.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, Last date to apply for this position was Tuesday, 15th May 2007.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't think you'll work out as you're likely to shoot anyone who refuses to become a fast bowler (even the batsmen).
They don't know that. :ph34r:

Plus, that eventually would never come about..I mean, who doesn't want to be a fast bowler?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was very surprised at how close Neil came to being suitable for the job TBH.