• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your funniest wicket...

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
Mine was a Leg-break to a right hander bowling round the wicket. It pitched infront of his toes, he swang for it, wacked his toe, and fell over while the bowl dislodged the bails.

Fiery

Banned
Mine was a Leg-break to a right hander bowling round the wicket. It pitched infront of his toes, he swang for it, wacked his toe, and fell over while the bowl dislodged the bails.
So not only was it great delivery it but it caused the batsman to create a whole new cricket shot...the "swang"

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Perhaps when I was bowling to this guy who plays club cricket, opens the batting, gets runs, builds innings etc and I decided to differ away from my usual off spin, and decided to Bowl him a couple of 'Drifters'. A term I made up myself, meaning that you have all the actions of a pace bowler, but when you release it, it comes out slow, hangs in the air, and goes on to bounce indifferently.... He tried to play one of my drifters, but edged it straight to the keeper. Funny because this guy who had faced Derbyshires finest club players, bowling at up to 70mph, could not handle a 20mp drifter... and the celebrationw as awesome..... Giving high tens to everyone shouting "Montyyyy!"

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A totally inept left-hander edging a short one onto his helmet and getting caught at second slip after playing and missing 400 times (this may be an exaggeration).

andmark

International Captain
My funniest Wicket was my first proper cricket ball wicket. I bowled the batter but it bounced twice and it still counted. Well it was the umpire's decison :D

Fiery

Banned
My funniest Wicket was my first proper cricket ball wicket. I bowled the batter but it bounced twice and it still counted. Well it was the umpire's decison :D
It can bounce 100 times mate but if it hits the stumps it's still a wicket...so well bowled sir :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Played a game of BC in the dark at my Mum's last week. There was a little bit of light, but not much, you could barely see the stumps from the bowler's end. So, being the fine sportsman I am, I bowled a bouncer with what I think was my third ball. My brother was batting, he's thirteen. He ducked the bouncer, and then he turned to see his bails on the ground. I couldn't quite work out how I'd bowled him. I thought about it a bit more the next day and I reckon it must have hit the fence behind him and bounced back on. Awesome :D

Seanplfc

Cricket Spectator
Wicket against me

I no this isnt me taking a wicket, but sum guy bowled a bouncer against me, hit the helmet rolled down my arm, hit my pad, and rolled at the bail...:laugh:

I was only on 1 aswell... Not happy... at all! haha :blink:

Dr_Brad

Banned
I was playing saturday cricket and i'm a leg spinner i bowled a ball hit right on the edge of the pitch spun in hit the batsmans thigh and hit leg stump:cool:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I bowled a full toss to a mate of mine he ducked hit him in the side of his stomach, I appealed, gone LBW!

Dr_Brad

Banned
I bowled a full toss to a mate of mine he ducked hit him in the side of his stomach, I appealed, gone LBW!
I was watching N.S.W play against VIC
and Katich?(I think it was) went down for a sweep shot hit him on the helmet in front of the wickits

He was sent back to the pavillion.

I'll try and see if i can find that footage on YouTube, but at the time when Cameron White was appealing i was like "WHAT THAT IS NOT OUT !!! shocked me :ph34r:

BomasticBushkin

Cricket Spectator
My funniest wicket EVER was a legspin. I was having a bad day, just gave out a couple wides. So I decide to twist my whole body into the leg spin, little waddle up, bowl, and I go FLYING over to the side, and hit the ground, look up and see the guy playing the ball on the WRONG SIDE! Bowled him right around the legs.