• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bext Young XI of 2005-2007

mjramay

Cricket Spectator
Well i was thinking about best Young XI(TEST) of 2005-2007 and got these players how many ppl r agree with me?....post your young XI

1-Alastair Cook
2-Upul Tharanga
3-Kevin Pietersen(Young in sense of games played)
4-Chamara Silva
5-Michael Hussey(Young in sense of games played)
6-M.S.Dhoni
7-Shane Watson
8-Liam Plunkett
9-Monty Panesar
10-Stuart Clark
11-Muhammad Asif

Last edited:

simmy

International Regular
Get Plunkett out of there!

Stuart Clark must be 30+ now...

Dhoni is better than Ramdin

The rest seems fine. Maybe slot Bell in there somewhere (thats sounds dirty).

simmy

International Regular
Oh i see.... sorry mate.

Either way Plunkett should not be in the list. Any seamer is better than him tbh.

mjramay

Cricket Spectator
Well i thought of Srisanth but.........i think Plunkitt is more accomplished bowler than srisanth...........wt guys u think????

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well i thought of Srisanth but.........i think Plunkitt is more accomplished bowler than srisanth...........wt guys u think????
I think I can safely say I'm not a fan of Plunkers. Sreesanth would be a better bet imho.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Before this current WI vs England Test, they'd both played eight Tests...Plunkett has 22 wickets @ 37.09, Sreesanth has 37 wickets at 25.97. There's very little different in their ODI records, but Sreesanth has comfortably been the better bowler in Test matches.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Jimmy Franklin? I guess at 26, he's too old...

But I guess if Chamara Silva can get in, so should Jimmy.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes, Malinga escaped my miniscule mind. I'd actually consider putting him in an overall World XI.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Under 27, I can think of the following:

Alastair Cook
Pietersen
Karthik
Dhoni
Watson
Sreesanth
Malinga
Panesar
Tait

pasag

RTDAS
Anyways defining young as under 26:

Cook
de Villiers
Bell
Yuvraj
Dhoni
McCullum
Bravo
Sreesanth
Malinga
Panesar
Asif

Probably forgetting heaps but meh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To give myself a more specific criteria than "young" - I'll go with players who debuted after the start of 2005.

1. Alastair Cook
2. Phil Jaques
3. Brad Hodge
4. Michael Hussey
5. Kevin Pietersen
6. Shane Watson
7. Mahendra Dhoni
8. Sree Sreesanth
9. Stuart Clark
10. Monty Panesar
11. Mohammad Asif

And an under 25s team..