• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Quadrangular Series in Ireland

James

Cricket Web Owner
10 Jul 2007 Netherlands v West Indies at the Clontarf Cricket Club

11 Jul 2007 Ireland v Netherlands at the Civil Service Cricket Club

12 Jul 2007 Scotland v West Indies at the Clontarf Cricket Club

13 Jul 2007 Scotland v Netherlands at the Civil Service Cricket Club

14 Jul 2007 Ireland v West Indies at the Clontarf Cricket Club

15 Jul 2007 Irelandv Scotland at the Civil Service Cricket Club

pasag

RTDAS
Looking forward to the results of Scotland v Netherlands, should be abit of a grudge match after the World Cup group match.

Craig

World Traveller
If the West Indies failt to win this then the lot of them should be made to pay for their own airfares back to the West Indies. Either that or not give them their match fees.

Kriketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I expect cricket to die in West Indies, if they lost this series. Tho good to see several fixtures in Ireland, first India & SA, then WI and other associates.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Top initiative IMO. Don't really like the fact that it actually has ODI status but the actual series is a great idea really. Tipping Scotland to cause an upset or two and finish second.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Top initiative IMO. Don't really like the fact that it actually has ODI status but the actual series is a great idea really. Tipping Scotland to cause an upset or two and finish second.
But if the series didn’t have ODI status then Ireland and the Netherlands would be unable to field their best players.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But if the series didn’t have ODI status then Ireland and the Netherlands would be unable to field their best players.
I imagine there will be disputes over certain players being released from their counties in order to play this series, which would be a shame. It is inevitable though and I don't think that either Ireland or the Netherlands will be able to field their best players.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks excellent. Just what the smaller European teams need, games and revenue.

Anyone know if this is being televised?

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
TBH, it wouldn't be that big an upset. This might surprise people that only saw Scotland and Ireland at the WC but the Scots beat Ireland a lot in OD cricket including the 1997 and 2005 ICC Trophy meetings btween the two. And remember the Scots beat both the other two in the Woirld Cricket League pre WC. As for the Windies the words "hiding to nothing" come to mind here. If they win they get no credit...but if they lose....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Poker Boy said:
TBH, it wouldn't be that big an upset
Well, I agree - hence me predicting it. However, it'd be an upset to most people here I'd imagine, given the World Cup and all.