• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ford: The new coach of india announced!

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
"It's been little over one year since Ford's appointment, but he has taken India to the top of both the ODI and Test rankings. India are now officially the number one team in world cricket at the moment"

:sleep:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
"It's been little over one year since Ford's appointment, but he has taken India to the top of both the ODI and Test rankings. India are now officially the number one team in world cricket at the moment"

why are you setting yourselves up for an all-time greigy?:)

Nishant

International 12th Man

well said Turd!!!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Holy cow, I thought Whatmore was a shoo-in. Guess it shows how little I've been paying attention!

Nishant

International 12th Man
Holy cow, I thought Whatmore was a shoo-in. Guess it shows how little I've been paying attention!
Whatmore left the race some time ago (not that long ago though)...but im still puzzled to why he wasnt even considered...considering the fact that Emburey was in the race!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Whatmore left the race some time ago (not that long ago though)...but im still puzzled to why he wasnt even considered...considering the fact that Emburey was in the race!
Most reports in the media would indicate that the established Indian ‘stars’ were not so keen on having an individual like Whatmore around and made any motion for his appointment dead in the water.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Most reports in the media would indicate that the established Indian ‘stars’ were not so keen on having an individual like Whatmore around and made any motion for his appointment dead in the water.
Weren't most of the Indian players in favour of Whatmore?

I just think the BCCI decided against it because in a team with many high profile stars, having a high profile and well respected coach like Whatmore, might create some trouble. The danger of egos clashing, was a possibility.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

I just think the BCCI decided against it because in a team with many high profile stars, having a high profile and well respected coach like Whatmore, might create some trouble. The danger of egos clashing, was a possibility.
Not from what I’ve read, Ford was the player’s choice but I stand corrected.

Nishant

International 12th Man

Not from what I’ve read, Ford was the player’s choice but I stand corrected.
Thats what i meant by confusion! We read and hear a lot of reports...but all of them say different things...but at the end of the day...if the players and the board are happy with Ford and india start winning matches DUE TO GOOD PERFORMANCES (cos that the only way they'll beat the big teams) i think all indian fans will be happy!

Plus..it would make the test series with England a lot more interesting that the current one between England and WI

Craig

World Traveller
Why only a one year deal? Is it because if he is rubbish they can boot him out ASAP with little or no pay out of his contract?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow, I don't really care after all the dramas surrounding his appointment. I hope he does a decent job though.