• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ford: The new coach of india announced!

pasag

RTDAS
Nah 1 year deal isnt unnormal in the circumstances I think. The BCCI have played it smart on this one and credit to them, Ford is relatively unknown and it could be a massive mess if things don't turn out right, so India are playing it safe. If things turn out well, they'll extend it and if not, they have the option of cutting their losses early without a drama. And they can do this because they are in control here and Ford wants the job more than the BCCI wants Ford. Just smart management for mine.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Whatmore still available? Though if I were him, I would probably decline the position now, especially since the BCCI didn't even ask to make a presentation earlier on and ruled him out for reasons unknown.

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah very strange that he'd go to India, make a presentation, get accepted and then turn it down. Wonder what happened behind the scenes.
BCCI,
apparently they weren't willing to buy out his contract from Kent and wanted him to sort it for himself. lol... what a bunch of money hungry bastards BCCI are....Its not like BCCI has shortage of money or anything.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
God what a shambles! I wonder if it is to do with money as if he didn't want the job why go for an interview? If it is because the BCCI won't buy out his contract (that happened with the ECB when we appointed Fletcher - they wouldn't buy out his Glamorgan contract and we bumbled threough the NZ series with a caretaker coach.) it doesn't say much for an organisation that to an outsider is not exactly short of money. Question is where to now? I just cannot think they will go to Emburey - he was a flop as a coach in CC and as he is English it couldn't have been for the same reasons Buchannan failed at Middlesex (that was the county's fault as they weren't ready for his ideas). I'd be interestd to know if there are any good coaches in Indian domestic cricket that Indian fans think deserve a go - a la Moores and Nielsen.

R_D

International Debutant
sure hope they don't pick Emburey by default now....
I guess Sandeep Patil might get a look into the job now.... he did a decent job with Kenya and there's always Parsad and Robin Singh.
Parsad's coached one of the domestic teams and they did alright and Robin Singh had good success with U'19 team as well i beleive.

Lets see where this circus of BCCi ends.

Bouncer

State Regular
Great news....This FOrd guy has some balls....I guess any man with some integrity would not want to be part of system where after he gives up his best efforts to make change in a team, he will be getting taunted by media+board+seniors in team. FORD, ATABOY!

pskov

International 12th Man
I know that I wouldn't take the India job on only a one year contract. In order to uproot my family from England to move to India you have to give me some job security (or the possibility of compensation if/when it all goes **** up) otherwise it's just too much of a risk.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Great news....This FOrd guy has some balls....I guess any man with some integrity would not want to be part of system where after he gives up his best efforts to make change in a team, he will be getting taunted by media+board+seniors in team. FORD, ATABOY!
Great News !! Really Nikamme ? I know folks at GS must be celebrating it big time with Ehsan distributing sweets in the streets of London and Anis in Minnesota.