• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Sky Sports " Hotspot "

If you have seen the " Hotspot " do you think it is good.

• Yes

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
I've just being watching the West Indies v England test on Skysports 1, and the dismissal of Ian Bell resulted of Hotspot, I have seen this before and think its a great way to discuss edges which have being caught.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
They're overusing it. Can see the use for edges, but they're showing every lbw appeal on it, too. Yes. It hit the pad, we saw it.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
They're overusing it. Can see the use for edges, but they're showing every lbw appeal on it, too. Yes. It hit the pad, we saw it.
Its new, so you have to forgive them playing with their new toy too much in the first series :) But its definitely handy in some situations.

Ive noticed they've not used the ultra slow mo camera much (actually i cant remember them using it at all). I guess they couldnt afford both!

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its new, so you have to forgive them playing with their new toy too much in the first series :) But its definitely handy in some situations.

Ive noticed they've not used the ultra slow mo camera much (actually i cant remember them using it at all). I guess they couldnt afford both!
They used that camera to show Bravo's diving catch over and over again.

simmy

International Regular
I love it. With Hawkeye, snicko and hot spot.. there are a lot of cool toys for the Sky team to play with.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Voted no accedentally (can someone change it?), I meant yes. It fills time well and also is useful in telling if the ball hit the bat using cleaver infra red technology.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Voted no accedentally (can someone change it?), I meant yes. It fills time well and also is useful in telling if the ball hit the bat using cleaver infra red technology.
yh...i was wondering why someone would say no...:laugh:

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Oi, I voted No -

To be fair, its great technology, but they use it for everything... Boundaries, THICK edges, and LBWs aswell. Its overrated if you ask me.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Oi, I voted No -

To be fair, its great technology, but they use it for everything... Boundaries, THICK edges, and LBWs aswell. Its overrated if you ask me.
calm calm calm!!!!!

point taken mate! :) I thik cos its new to them...so they will use it a lot at first...then they'll get tired of it....

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
calm calm calm!!!!!

point taken mate! :) I thik cos its new to them...so they will use it a lot at first...then they'll get tired of it....
:laugh: I wasnt being agressive, I dont think, I just wanted to make a clear, and loud point

Perhaps its just me and my typical "Modern Technology will kill us all (Socially and Morally)" stance. Its a handy tool, but not as great as everyone makes it out to be.

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
Its great so see where the ball hit the bat , and if it came out of the middle etc... I don't think that they are over using it , its a good piece of technology. And you can't exactly say that they dwell on it that much can you.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was lukewarm regarding it during Australia's summer. Its resulted in underusing snicko.

I particularly hate it when they do it for shots right off the meat of the bat, i.e. no contentious umpiring decision. Just show the shot FFS, show a proper replay.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I quite like HotSpot, I think it is a very good tool very much in the mould of Snicko for deciding whether a batsman is out or not. I don't mind the fact that they show it for a shot that came out of the middle, it just emphasises how cleanly hit the ball was IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
HotSpot is certainly a useful tool in addition to Snicko and has the potential to help reveal stuff that'd be unknown without. Agree that it's used a bit much but that's true of everything from replays to HawkEyes - the time has to be filled, and evidently some people (ie producers) think that's more interesting than watching the fielders throwing the ball around. I'd say both are equally boring, myself, and that quicker over-rates would help us all.

RE: sideshowtim: thought HotSpot had been used on C9 for 2 seasons now?