• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Sky Sports " Hotspot "

If you have seen the " Hotspot " do you think it is good.

• Yes

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cover drive man

International Captain
I was happy with hawkeye to be honest at the end of the day I dont want to know what pecific point the ball hit the bat because no matter how many tv replays the channel uses the umpires wont use it they stick to normal replays. It's there to prove the umpires wrong which isn't right to be honest.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, was unveiled for the first time for the 06/07 Ashes.
Weird, coulda sworn there was some small fuss about it when it wasn't used allegedly because Ponting had contracts with the station...

Maybe that was in 2006\07? :blink:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I've looked around the Sky HD van at Headingley when Pakistan played us last year, and it's pretty neat. A load of meg-powerful computers and TVs and stuff.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I was happy with hawkeye to be honest at the end of the day I dont want to know what pecific point the ball hit the bat because no matter how many tv replays the channel uses the umpires wont use it they stick to normal replays. It's there to prove the umpires wrong which isn't right to be honest.
i kinda agree with you there. It is a good tool...no doubt about that TBH...but it could be used by the third umpire as well....it would obviously aid them to make the right decisions. Using it on SkySports is good for the viewers for a while...and after a while you star to think to youself...."so what...it wasnt given anyway!"