• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would Bangladesh give the Windies a run for their money?

iamdavid

International Debutant
lol I think Bangladesh would have more of a shot than some of you are giving them credit for, West Indies still a better team even in their current state, but as the thread-starter said all it would take is a special innings from say Ashraful or Nafeez or a blinding spell from Mortazza to tip it.

West Indies batting atm is shambles, apart from Chanderpaul who is world-class, Gayle who can be but isnt playing like it and Sarwan whose home in bed they dont have much at all. Bravo and Ramdin are handy lower order accumulators but not the sort of players you want to build you're middle order around.
England has made them look poor for most of this series despite effectively playing with 2 bowlers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Compared to Ashley Giles and Nicky Boje he certainly is, and they are only two examples or guys who have had decent careers yet been lesser bowlers than Rafique.
Giles and Rafique are fairly equal; Rafique's probably a more skillful flight bowler so has that bit on the other 2, but all 3 have cashed-in on turning pitches plenty. Boje's wasted them too, though, so is a bit behind.

DCC_legend

International Regular
As much as i'd love to say Bangladesh, the Windies would easily win it for me. The West Indies have a better Batting line up. The bowling is debatable. If the 'Deshis got the ball turning away from the Windies like Monty did in the last test i think it would cause them a few problems, but other than that, i don't see them getting too worried over a sustained period of time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ball turning away from bat causes most batsmen a fair few problems, TBH. :) You've gotta be a superb player of spin to cope with it.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Yeah i know that (Damn you and your over analysation:p) but emmm i meant if... Actually i don't really know what i meant.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If the 'Deshis got the ball turning away from the Windies like Monty did in the last test i think it would cause them a few problems
No doubt, but WI scored nigh on 400 in the 4th innings of that Test. Its not like they were clueless and that Panesar ran through them.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Nah i wish i was out on the lash tonight tbh, have been stuck "doing" revision for ages. Not good for a man to be in his house too much.