• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ECB announce NZ 2008 tour

Fiery

Banned
Look forward to that. I wonder if Andrew Strauss will make that squad?

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might head over to England to watch some. Given how many injuries were picked up by our bowlers on the last tour, there might be a chance of old Heathy having to field at some point!!

HeathDavisSpeed

NZ to win Test series 2-1 and ODI series 4-1 .:)
I wish. We might have a go if our best XI can take the pitch - i.e. Bond remains fit, Bracewell either resigns or decides that picking Hamish is NOT playing the best XI.

Winning the ODI series might be a given, but winning the test series.... Can't see it happening; even at my most hopeful!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish. We might have a go if our best XI can take the pitch - i.e. Bond remains fit, Bracewell either resigns or decides that picking Hamish is NOT playing the best XI.

Winning the ODI series might be a given, but winning the test series.... Can't see it happening; even at my most hopeful!
If Bond, Mills, Oram , Franklin and Vettori are fully fit and form part of the Team and Flem discovers some form along with Ross Taylor , there is every chance of a 2-1 or at least a minimum of 1-1 series tie IMO.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeetan will be key , if NZ are to turn England over at Old Trafford and Trent Bridge.

HeathDavisSpeed

If Bond, Mills, Oram , Franklin and Vettori are fully fit and form part of the Team and Flem discovers some form along with Ross Taylor , there is every chance of a 2-1 or at least a minimum of 1-1 series tie IMO.
I'm thinking more if Glenn Turner, Paddles and Martin Crowe come out of retirement to improve our fragile batting line up. And keeping that lot of crocks fit is a bloody big ask. England are better than in 1999, by a long way. We no longer have Cairnsey or Gnasher. Still, early season conditions will suit our bowlers a lot more than its suited the Windies.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm thinking more if Glenn Turner, Paddles and Martin Crowe come out of retirement to improve our fragile batting line up. And keeping that lot of crocks fit is a bloody big ask. England are better than in 1999, by a long way. We no longer have Cairnsey or Gnasher. Still, early season conditions will suit our bowlers a lot more than its suited the Windies.
I hope they preserve Bond carefully till the England series .

Perm

Now this is what a schedule should look like. Actually if it was up to me there would be 5 Tests and 3 ODIs, but I'm not complaining.

HeathDavisSpeed

Five tests for NZ in the UK? Sorry, not enough money in that for the Brits 8-) They'd much rather shoehorn a series in against another team so they can force the same fans back through the turnstiles to see a different 'product'

Craig

World Traveller
Huzzah! New Zealand finally plays a Test series that consists of more then two Tests.

Sacré bleu!