Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89

Thread: ECB announce NZ 2008 tour

  1. #1
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    23,646

    ECB announce NZ 2008 tour


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Look forward to that. I wonder if Andrew Strauss will make that squad?
    Last edited by Fiery; 09-06-2007 at 02:13 AM.

  3. #3
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    13,957
    Might head over to England to watch some. Given how many injuries were picked up by our bowlers on the last tour, there might be a chance of old Heathy having to field at some point!!
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Might head over to England to watch some. Given how many injuries were picked up by our bowlers on the last tour, there might be a chance of old Heathy having to field at some point!!
    Let it go mate


  5. #5
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    NZ to win Test series 2-1 and ODI series 4-1 .

  6. #6
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    13,957
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    NZ to win Test series 2-1 and ODI series 4-1 .
    I wish. We might have a go if our best XI can take the pitch - i.e. Bond remains fit, Bracewell either resigns or decides that picking Hamish is NOT playing the best XI.

    Winning the ODI series might be a given, but winning the test series.... Can't see it happening; even at my most hopeful!

  7. #7
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I wish. We might have a go if our best XI can take the pitch - i.e. Bond remains fit, Bracewell either resigns or decides that picking Hamish is NOT playing the best XI.

    Winning the ODI series might be a given, but winning the test series.... Can't see it happening; even at my most hopeful!
    If Bond, Mills, Oram , Franklin and Vettori are fully fit and form part of the Team and Flem discovers some form along with Ross Taylor , there is every chance of a 2-1 or at least a minimum of 1-1 series tie IMO.

  8. #8
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Jeetan will be key , if NZ are to turn England over at Old Trafford and Trent Bridge.

  9. #9
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    13,957
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    If Bond, Mills, Oram , Franklin and Vettori are fully fit and form part of the Team and Flem discovers some form along with Ross Taylor , there is every chance of a 2-1 or at least a minimum of 1-1 series tie IMO.
    I'm thinking more if Glenn Turner, Paddles and Martin Crowe come out of retirement to improve our fragile batting line up. And keeping that lot of crocks fit is a bloody big ask. England are better than in 1999, by a long way. We no longer have Cairnsey or Gnasher. Still, early season conditions will suit our bowlers a lot more than its suited the Windies.

  10. #10
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I'm thinking more if Glenn Turner, Paddles and Martin Crowe come out of retirement to improve our fragile batting line up. And keeping that lot of crocks fit is a bloody big ask. England are better than in 1999, by a long way. We no longer have Cairnsey or Gnasher. Still, early season conditions will suit our bowlers a lot more than its suited the Windies.
    I hope they preserve Bond carefully till the England series .

  11. #11
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    13,957
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    I hope they preserve Bond carefully till the England series .
    I'd use the cliche "wrap him in cotton wool" but knowing his luck, he'd probably breathe some of the wool dust in and contract asbestosis.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I'd use the cliche "wrap him in cotton wool" but knowing his luck, he'd probably breathe some of the wool dust in and contract asbestosis.
    *chuckle*

  13. #13
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Now this is what a schedule should look like. Actually if it was up to me there would be 5 Tests and 3 ODIs, but I'm not complaining.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  14. #14
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    13,957
    Five tests for NZ in the UK? Sorry, not enough money in that for the Brits They'd much rather shoehorn a series in against another team so they can force the same fans back through the turnstiles to see a different 'product'

  15. #15
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Huzzah! New Zealand finally plays a Test series that consists of more then two Tests.

    Sacré bleu!
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 20-05-2007, 05:42 AM
  2. Would you tour Zimbabwe?
    By Matt79 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 30-04-2007, 02:57 AM
  3. FA Announce First Ever International Fixture
    By Blewy in forum Cricket Web XI Football
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-12-2006, 10:13 PM
  4. Zimbabwe Announce Squad For Bangladesh Tour
    By Prince EWS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 04:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •