• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ECB announce NZ 2008 tour

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Weeeeeeeellllllllllll... :ph34r:

Don't think he was being 100% serious, TBH - just taking a SAfrican view. Anyway, it wouldn't make sense for such a comment to be patronising unless it was from an Englishman.

Fiery

Banned
Weeeeeeeellllllllllll... :ph34r:

Don't think he was being 100% serious, TBH - just taking a SAfrican view. Anyway, it wouldn't make sense for such a comment to be patronising unless it was from an Englishman.
I was thinking TT Boy was an Eastender not a South African actually, so my bad

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha. :ph34r: TT_Boy's location is actually the London in England... but confusingly he, like Hingston, is a SAfrican residing in England.

Craig

World Traveller
I thought Hingston has always been a pom, it's just that he has spent a fair bit of his life in SA and that is why he supports them?

stumpski

International Captain
Five tests for NZ in the UK? Sorry, not enough money in that for the Brits 8-) They'd much rather shoehorn a series in against another team so they can force the same fans back through the turnstiles to see a different 'product'
And since when have NZ hosted a five match series against anyone? Three Tests is standard for England against these opponents and should be the minimum for every side except Bang/Zim.

NZ have only had three or four 5 match series in their history to my knowledge.

stumpski

International Captain
And last time they played one in England they wre beaten 4-0.

3-0 last time, let's not forget.

But we have a series over there first, do we not?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And last time they played one in England they wre beaten 4-0
The last tour to the UK was a great series though. Yes, we were beaten in all the tests (I thought it was only 3 though) but we were still in the game until the fourth innings every time (wishing & hoping) only for England to run away in the last. The final test was dreadful though as virtually our whole pace attack - which already consisted of Franklin (called up from the Lancashire Leagues) Mills and Martin - broke down.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought Hingston has always been a pom, it's just that he has spent a fair bit of his life in SA and that is why he supports them?
AFAIK Hingston's always though of himself as a SAfrican - at least in cricket terms - his Dad's SAfrican unless I'm much mistaken and while he's lived here most of his life he's been in SA at heart.

The man himself will be able to confirm...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Absolutely certain. Why'd an Englishman with no SAffie interests have such a keen eye on the fortunes of SA's team?

See

Last edited:

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
Is it true that theres no NZ home series this summer? I've had a look on the FTP and theres nothing penciled in beyond our overseas series against SA then the Aussies.
Its pretty disgraceful if that is the case.

Flem274*

123/5
England and India tour New Zealand in our summer. :)
Awesome

When India come we should make the pitches as green as possible just to be nasty, we have to put up wit their conditions after all.:)

And why are all the kiwis so negative? We can beat them, especially if we managed it with the average 90's team. Give them a chance.

Craig

World Traveller
Awesome

When India come we should make the pitches as green as possible just to be nasty, we have to put up wit their conditions after all.:)

And why are all the kiwis so negative? We can beat them, especially if we managed it with the average 90's team. Give them a chance.
They did do that last time around. In fact watching that series it begged the question why they even bothered to pick Vettori considerinhg Fleming was going for Astle, McMillan or Styris after Tuffey, Bond and Oram were done bowling. I remember that Hamilton Test well, Tuffey bowled his first 8 overs and conceded no runs.

James do you know how many Tests are for the Indian and English Test series? Three apiece?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well... not on the most recent occasion. :mellow: Last time NZ toured India barely a ball turned.

Preparing green pitches isn't nasty, though, it's just sensible.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We haven't got a hope of taking a Test match off the English unless everything clicks for the entire 5 days, which is incredibly unlikely. There is a reason they are ranked #2 in the world in that form of the game.

Fiery

Banned
We haven't got a hope of taking a Test match off the English unless everything clicks for the entire 5 days, which is incredibly unlikely. There is a reason they are ranked #2 in the world in that form of the game.
All I remember is the Ashes and now struggling to beat the Windies in current game

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Short memory, then, TBH.

And we look like we're well on course for a comfortable series victory over WI.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Still a year away. Flintoff and Jones might be back and playing well by that time. Alternatively, England might be forced to field an attack of Mahmood, Plunkett, Clarke and Blackwell due to a large amount of injuries in England :P